hugo_wilco

SOLD: FS: Kuzma Ref 2 Turntable (only)

Posted (edited)
Item Condition: Excellent just a bit of dust
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Melbourne
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Eft Paypal Cash on pickup
Reason for selling: Funds required

Further information:

Unfortunately due to Pandemic I am forced to sell my gear. This is my favourite TT and has been the longest I’ve had. This TT is phenomenal and I don’t  I want to let this go but don’t have a choice. 

The Ref2 is the latest with the updated power supply. 

Purchased from the wonderful guys at Sonic Purity. 

Will be selling  Phono stage separately   

Your chance to get an endgame TT package at nearly Half  price!!!!

RRP: $14,900

Buyer to pay out of pocket Paypal fees. 

Will be boxed so can arrange freight to interstate. 

TURNTABLE ONLY FOR SALE

Have all boxes and packaging. Will be boxing them in the next few days Nd will post photos. 
Photos:

F6FF6122-D260-45A5-9552-D7C0F97128EF.jpeg

8BF77B4C-ED17-4A9B-A472-5BAE5DC30601.jpeg

Edited by hugo_wilco

A truly great turntable. Sorry to see this being listed for sale!

Hugo’s gear is immaculate. Buy with confidence.

Sorry to hear, totally get it as im kinda in the same boat.  All the best and i hope that you get the asking price and not deal with lowballers!

End game in one single purchase.

Sorry to hear.

Very sorry to see this listed. At this price there isn’t any combination I can think of that would come close to this. 

Thanks gentlemen. Unfortunately this is dragging on too long in VIc and a lot of people are hurting. 

Pains me to let this go. 

12 minutes ago, hugo_wilco said:

Thanks gentlemen. Unfortunately this is dragging on too long in VIc and a lot of people are hurting. 

Pains me to let this go. 

It definitely is a stunning thing.

I hope you are going okay.

Its a pity to have to sacrifice one of our main hobby especially during this time when it's the only thing we can enjoy. Hugo sells amazing quality stuff. GLWS

Don't know you personally Hugo, but it's very disappointing to hear this. Warm wishes and best of luck with this sale.

Have edited this. Turntable now only for sale. Tonearm sold.

Phono stage will list soon [PM me direct]

Best of luck on selling the Turntable and best of luck negotiating the newly declared State of Emergency and Curfew..

Sale pending 

Hopefully who ever bought this is upgrading from a Stabi S or R and will list that for sale 😈

I like your thinking.  That is usually the way it happens.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Igotmearecord
      Item Condition: used - excellent condition for age Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Tura Beach State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal F&F, EFT Reason for selling: Not being used. Downsizing and rationalising Further information:
      Does 1972 make it vintage in the hi-fi world? It must at least come close. 🙃

It is sounding great and looking fantastic for its age. I found it a little hard to come up with a fair price as it is not often listed and I would guess that there are not many around these days. However, I am prepared to entertain reasonable offers. Parcel Post with insurance to most of Australia will be around $50-$60 but I can confirm that before purchase with a destination postcode.

This turntable is made in France. Some info suggests it was made by Era but other info suggests it was a Sonab or joint venture factory. It definitely looks Euro-styled which is part of its attraction.

It is quite well engineered with a 3-point suspension and removable platter revealing a sub-platter which sits on a bearing assembly mounted on a floating sub-chassis.
      It has an unusual arm with a fairly unique design.
      The headshell slides out (a bit like an older Dual) allowing for reasonably straightforward cartridge replacement.
      The auto-stop function works perfectly, stopping the motor as the needle tracks into the end groove. There is no lift off or return on this model's auto function.
      I fitted an unused Audio Technica OEM cartridge from a Denon turntable which will be something like an AT3600/AT91 with a spherical stylus and a lift-up stylus guard.
      I also replaced the signal cables a while back with some Monitor PC Silver HiFlex cables with basic gold-plated rca plugs which I had at the time.
      The belt is good, all functions work, and the turntable is complete.

I have polished the lid and it has come up quite well with the usual polishing swirls. Still a couple of deeper marks that will require more elbow grease than I possess.

Here is a bit of technical info/specs -

https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/sonab_55s_55s_01.html

I will make some suitable packaging for shipping if pick-up isn't viable (I have packed and repacked a lot of turntables during my previous life in the hi-fi industry). I can organise safe shipping/delivery to the Canberra region and around the Bega Valley by negotiation. Total price including packing/shipping/delivery open to discussion.
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By JeromeSmith
      Item Condition: Used (like new) Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Woollahra State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash or EFT Reason for selling: Plans to develop my digital front end Further information:

Regrettably, I have decided to sell my vinyl setup and pursue development of my digital system. I bought the turntable and Rega Exact cartridge in 2018 from Duratone in Canberra and have gradually added a number of Rega upgrades including:

- Rega white belt
      - Rega Fono MM phono stage
      - Rega power supply unit (TTPSU)

I actually struggled to find the phono stage and TTPSU units with the original squared casework, but opted for them instead of the neo and mk2 versions as they matched my Rega Elex R amplifier beautifully . The turntable has been carefully looked after, cleaned and recalibrated regularly, and comes from a pet-free, smoke-free home.

I will also include the following in the sale:

- Original Rega packaging for all units
      - Onzow ZeroDust stylus cleaner
      - 1x pair Van Den Hul 'The Bay' RCA cables (mint condition)
      - All power cables and accessories

I also have a small selection of vinyl records I will be listing in the vinyl classifieds, which you will have the opportunity to listen to if interested. For those that don't already know, RRP on a new P3 with an exact cartridge is around $1800, with the upgrades costing around $500 each. All units are in perfect working order and I've never had a single issue with Rega gear. It's true what they say, their turntables really are outstanding value for money and deliver amazing sound quality given their entry-level cost. For those looking to hear 'real music' in their living room, look no further. 

Happy to provide a demo to serious buyers. I am in Woollahra, NSW 2025.

I would offer to post but I think this is generally a bad idea with turntables. I would much prefer local collection if possible.

Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
    • By Igotmearecord
      Item Condition: used - excellent condition for age Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Tura Beach State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal F&F, EFT Reason for selling: Not being used. Downsizing and rationalising Further information:
       A classic vintage belt-drive turntable from Chuo Denki Corporation of Japan, home of CEC and CDC products. This is a fully automatic player with size and speed select as well as repeat function. The automatic play and stop works perfectly.

It has the original headshell and is fitted with an Ortofon FF15XE MkII which is working fine and tracking OK but is on the older side of life so an upgrade to a new cartridge at some stage is worth considering.
      I have included a very nicely machined large hole 45rpm adapter.
      The belt has been recently replaced.
      I have polished the lid and it has come up quite well with the usual polishing swirls. Still a couple of deeper marks that will require more elbow grease than I possess.
      The brown walnut vinyl veneer has some imperfections/bubbling at the joins, perhaps from a little shrinkage and due to age.

I will make some suitable packaging for shipping if pick-up isn't viable (I have packed and repacked a lot of turntables during my previous life in the hi-fi industry). I can organise safe shipping/delivery to the Canberra region and around the Bega Valley by negotiation. Total price including packing/shipping/delivery open to discussion.
      Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By Igotmearecord
       A classic older Technics belt drive turntable in overall excellent condition for its age. I have just fitted the Ortofon FF15XE MkII cartridge to a new Audio Technica headshell. The stylus appears to be in good condition and sounds fine. This turntable will readily accept an upgrade to a newer cartridge.

The trim pots, speed controls, and on/off switch have all been contact cleaned and the trim pots have been reset. 
      The auto-lift/return is working correctly and smoothly.
      The cueing device is smooth and properly damped.
      The belt has been recently replaced.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By hugo_wilco
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal EFT Cash Reason for selling: NLR Further information: immaculate condition 20hrs use. Save on a brand new model. 

Photos: