woogie59

FS: Offer to Purchase Made : 10cc Original Soundtrack SACD

Posted (edited)
Item Condition: Mint
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Eastwood
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: No longer have a SACD player

Further information:

10cc was a very unique.

They had their own studio where they engineered and produced their own and others records so sound quality was up there with the best of them.

The band, after serving as the backing band for two successful Neil Sedaka albums, evolved into 10cc

Graham Gouldman was a hit songwriter for bands such as The Yardbirds(For Your Love), The Hollies(Bus Stop), Herman Hermits (No Milk Today).

Eric Stewart had already been in a successful band(Wayne Fontana + The Mindbenders) and sung lead on the Mindbenders hit A Groovy Kind of Love(later covered by Phil Collins). After 10cc Stewart collaborated with one James Paul McCartney extensively in the 1980's, playing on or co-writing songs for McCartney's solo albums, Tug of War(1982), Pipes of Peace(1983), Give My Regards to Broad Street(1984) and Press To Play(1986).  He also produced the 2nd  solo album for ABBA's Agnetha Faltskog.

Lol Creme and Kevin Godley became successful in the charts with their own albums but it was in the field of music videos that they really pioneered.  They created memorable videos for Status Quo ("Something 'bout You Baby I Like"), The Police ("Every Breath You Take", "Synchronicity II", "Wrapped Around Your Finger"), Culture Club ("Victims"), Duran Duran ("Girls on Film", "A View to a Kill"), Herbie Hancock ("Rockit"), Go West ("We Close Our Eyes"), Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush ("Don't Give Up"), Frankie Goes to Hollywood ("Two Tribes", "The Power of Love"), Sting ("If You Love Somebody Set Them Free", "Fields of Gold"), Toyah ("Thunder in the Mountains"), Visage ("Fade to Grey"), George Harrison ("When We Was Fab"), Lou Reed ("No Money Down"), Wang Chung ("Everybody Have Fun Tonight"), and Yes ("Leave It"), among many others, up to Godley's video for The Beatles' 1996 single, "Real Love", from the Beatles Anthology.)

This album shows of the diversity and talent of this band.

10cc - The Original Soundtrack - Mastered in Japan from the original analog tapes. - Mint condition

Wonderful reviews:-

"Another wonderful DSD transfer by Hitoshi Takiguchi at Universal Mastering Studios in Tokyo, Japan. I am still astonished at the thought that Universal UK sent them an actual master tape - but that's what this disc sounds like it's made from. Yes, it was recorded in 10cc's own studio - but the sound is massive, detailed, authoritative - BIG."

"This is definitely one of the best sounding shm-sacd's. I never heard any redbook cd-version, so I can't compare with them. But this one sounds clean, crisp, detailed. I would recommend this disc to everyone. Even non-10cc fans should give this one a chance. You will be amazed by the sound quality! I have seen many 5 star rated discs, that not sound half as good as this one. If you haven't bought any of the Japanese shm-sacd's yet, start with this one (+ The Who)! This is demo-material. Many friends were skeptical about high-end hi-fi and superiority of sacd to normal cd's and lossless files. But after hearing this one, they all want to throw away their ipod-docks, and buy a traditional hi-fi system with sacd-player. Highly recommended, a must have!"

Note SACD  this only play on a SACD equipped player.

Photos:IMG_1913.thumb.JPG.45de97167b0f652ab279ae98cfcc0bea.JPGIMG_1915.thumb.JPG.a245e187e92798ac87856bab7387d924.JPGIMG_1914.JPG.2ff6ee17c9b54874ebd0ab8ec53fa86e.JPG

Edited by woogie59

I will take this please

Regards

Rob

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)