Supratek Sauvignon/Chardonnay "Select 1" remote died - replacement options?

The basic remote which came with my Supratek Chardonnay/Sauvignon got moody then died. Changed batteries twice, checked innards for corrosion (non-obvious), cleaned with DeOxit anyway - no joy. Sometimes red light stays on, sometimes it won't respond at all.

I can't find the identical model anywhere - and the amp has always deserved better than this cheap-feeling little thing. Have any other owners with similar remotes replace them? If so, with what? I don't think it's a standard RC5 thing (which would make life easier) but could be wrong.

Your suggestions for alternatives or for finding another Select 1 would be much appreciated.

Thanks from England.

IMG_6498.thumb.jpg.1faf4157f87490625de3ae712b3c6723.jpgIMG_6497.thumb.jpg.a71997c693c2cd18d5e0917e309039ee.jpgIMG_6496.thumb.jpg.67f12f316753233a7c21a23212b6b81f.jpg

Edited by TheFlash

19 minutes ago, AudioGeek said:

Have a chat to Mick, he will guide you what to do next. As fat as I can remember he uses fairly standard remotes and receivers. If you got the codes/frequency you could usd any universal remote. 

Thanks. I should have mentioned I have also emailed Mick. Fingers crossed he confirms it’s a standard setup and tells me what code I need to use on a universal.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Result here. Mick suggested a particular learning remote so I ordered one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm//124255934863. I had stripped down the original failed Select 1 remote and found a tiny bit of gunge/corrosion which may have been bridging. I got it to work long enough (and it's still going) to teach the replacement. The learning process is really slick and the remote is far more attractive than the original it replaces. Most learning remotes have a million buttons, not this one. Cost? Like AU$7.40. That's bargaintastic, that is.

IMG_6640.thumb.jpg.8f55ff6092375c045bbfa4ad5b81b8b3.jpg

• Like 1