PMAAMP

SOLD: SOLD: PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC (black)

Posted (edited)
Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Melbourne
State: Victoria
Payment Method: EFT
Reason for selling: Tinkering

Further information:

For sale is a PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC - a DAC/pre/head-amp (in black, great condition).

I'm the first owner, bought from an Australian stockist in mid-2018. It comes with its original remote & original packaging.

This is a somewhat reluctant sale as I am, in current conditions, unable to justify hanging on to more than one DAC. Of late, I've been tinkering with my system - as you do - and now have a dedicated line-level pre-amp (which means I don't need the Stellar's analogue pre functionality any more), as well as another DAC (because I wanted to try a R2R implementation). Therefore, I need to move the Stellar on, albeit a little wistfully.

The unit has been a terrific performer. As a DAC, it creates a beguilingly engaging, balanced and highly listenable sound - with lots of detail, solid and impressive sound staging, and a strong dollop of presence in its imagining of the music. As befits PS Audio's Stellar line, it also comes with a pleasing hint of warmth (or full-bodiedness, perhaps) in its presentation. As an analogue pre, it is very good - I used it mostly for my vinyl set up (running into it a Thorens TD125 through a Musical Surroundings Phonomena II+) to very good effect. It also has a really good head-amp - though admittedly I don't use headphones often, so that was definitely under-utilised on my part.

In turn, the Stellar Gain Cell DAC was feeding my PS Audio S300 power amp - a nicely matching pair indeed.

About the DAC:

Reviews:

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

20200801_170529.jpg

20200801_171313.jpg

20200801_171202.jpg

20200801_170858.jpg

20200801_170919.jpg

20200801_170929.jpg

20200801_170935.jpg

20200801_170842.jpg

20200801_170545.jpg

20200801_171423.jpg

Edited by PMAAMP
Sold

Great unit, very flexible. Mine is silver and I use it to switch between a streamer and ht bypass from the avr (ht bypass). Nice open dac with filters to suit. GLWTS. 

Many thanks @Soundfever - yeah, they're a very good & flexible unit.

Sold - payment pending.