Stereolove

How to place a classified ad

Hello, could someone on the forum please advise how I can place a classified ad. I believe I have responded to enough topic comments / or threads. Thank you 

Follow the format, in whatever area you wish to place said ad.

Start by pressing Orange Tab, Start New Classified, usually in top right corner.

Make sure you are in the correct area or it will not be accepted. There is a template to follow and fill that in.

The server computer will decide if you have enough comments threads to go further.

Good Luck.

57 minutes ago, Neurone said:

Follow the format, in whatever area you wish to place said ad.

Start by pressing Orange Tab, Start New Classified, usually in top right corner.

Make sure you are in the correct area or it will not be accepted. There is a template to follow and fill that in.

The server computer will decide if you have enough comments threads to go further.

Good Luck.

I appreciate your help and have been able to list my speakers. Thank you 

Hi.  I've made several purchases through the classifieds section and now I'm interested in offering an item for sale.  I've looked through the forum messages but can't see anywhere to find the template to use.  It seems I need to have contributed or responded to postings to access the classifieds?  So what is the criteria for posting an item for sale?

2 hours ago, BrianK said:

Hi.  I've made several purchases through the classifieds section and now I'm interested in offering an item for sale.  I've looked through the forum messages but can't see anywhere to find the template to use.  It seems I need to have contributed or responded to postings to access the classifieds?  So what is the criteria for posting an item for sale?

You need to make some posts (contribute) to none classified ads to get the needed number of posts to open the area to you to post an ad.

In your post count it says "1 post"

Edited by muon*
typo

Thanks for the clarification.  This is obviously monitored or regulated by the system so where does a new user find this information?

27 minutes ago, BrianK said:

Thanks for the clarification.  This is obviously monitored or regulated by the system so where does a new user find this information?

I believe every new user gets an email with this info when they sign up

Edited by sir sanders zingmore

You might be right but I can't recall receiving the email.  Perhaps my mind was elsewhere at the time?

14 minutes ago, BrianK said:

You might be right but I can't recall receiving the email.  Perhaps my mind was elsewhere at the time?

It’s a nice community. We are trying to encourage members to stick around and join in rather than just joining to sell stuff  

I fully agree.  Stereonet is a great community and resources for anyone like me interested in HIFI.  I have no problem whatsoever in the criteria applicable to having access to "sell stuff" in the classifieds section.  As I had purchased items from the classifieds without any issue I simply was not aware of the requirements to sell.  I joined Stereonet as I was impressed with the vast knowledge of the membership on all topics relating to HIFi and I was and continue to be impressed with how supportive, helpful and respectful the members are.  I was hooked on HIFI for many years and have only recently reconnected, so to find a resource like Stereonet has been a very positive experience.  I've been bringing myself up to date once again with HIFI standards and gear and will make what I hope will be an ongoing contribution to the site.

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)