VPI Aries Scout

Any thoughts appreciated specifically on the VP Scout as a "used" unit. Seems in good condition but I don't know a lot about them. Have some interest as I have been looking at a Clearaudio concept (MM) at this stage as a TT purchase. Thanks 

I have both turntable/tonearm combos.

If you want to follow the upgrade path, the Scout/JMW-9 combo is preferred as it offers more flexible options. However, the Concept/verify combo is also great if you feel there is no need to upgrade.

Both combos are really good sounding to hold onto for many years - basically you can't go wrong with either.

I would review the pricing of both and see which offers better bang for buck value before committing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

have both turntable/tonearm combos.

If you want to follow the upgrade path, the Scout/JMW-9 combo is preferred as it offers more flexible options. However, the Concept/verify combo is also great if you feel there is no need to upgrade.

Both combos are really good sounding to hold onto for many years - basically you can't go wrong with either.

I would review the pricing of both and see which offers better bang for buck value before committing.

Thanks , appreciate the guidance and yes the pricing is the trick as one if a used option. Cheers

2 hours ago, Glarkcable said:
Thanks , appreciate the guidance and yes the pricing is the trick as one if a used option. Cheers

Go for the used option and upgrade the cart from the money saved from buying it new. ???

• Like 2

Ooh, don’t start with the red. Blue or a different cart.

Mr Relish

Im so out of touch with TT's, cartridges etc, happy to take suggestions .... trying to keep the budget within reach.. thanks for the note , Much appreciated. 

On 01/08/2020 at 5:16 PM, xlr8or said:

Go for the used option and upgrade the cart from the money saved from buying it new. ???

Well, Ive taken the plunge and purchased a used VPI Scout. Should get it Monday next week. Came without a cartridge so got a Ortofon 2M Blue fitted, bit more $, 6 year old unit, looks sharp. Good deal as well. Now off course ... a good Integrated amp is in order.... than speakers etc.

Any suggestions of isolation pads , mat or other finer things always appreciated. Thanks for the help. Cheers

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Glarkcable said:

Well, Ive taken the plunge and purchased a used VPI Scout. Should get it Monday next week. Came without a cartridge so got a Ortofon 2M Blue fitted, bit more $, 6 year old unit, looks sharp. Good deal as well. Now off course ... a good Integrated amp is in order.... than speakers etc.

Any suggestions of isolation pads , mat or other finer things always appreciated. Thanks for the help. Cheers

You won’t be disappointed with the Scout. Good stuff

VPI recommend no mat as the best mat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Well, after some reasonable time of looking, reviewing and listening, Ive purchased the VPI Scout 2 TT (used with new Blue Ortofon) and a new Cronus Magnum 3. Then decided to set it up in a make shift set up,...well, that not only did not look nice but the weight of these units were a major factor. I have gone ahead and purchased a Solid Steel stand S4-2 ...Getting it tomorrow, so will set up over the w'end. 

Next target are speakers as I sense the ones Ive got (AR93) will not meet expectations... so lets see,Im certainly keen to hear the first pieces of music. 

• Like 2

On 06/08/2020 at 9:18 PM, Glarkcable said:

We need pics of the VPI Scout...???? Good score 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1