lonewolf

85"TV or stick waiting for 4k Projector

Posted (edited)

I am seating around 3- 3.5m away from the screen i think. maybe 4ish, I have to measure it. I have gone back to using my 65" TV to compare how it feels to watch a tv in the room as opposed to my projector. Because the room is very dark and i painted the walls black, I gotta say the TV glare is a bit distressing on the eyes after mainly watching the projector in that room, but i remember this was where my favourite TV the Phillips with ambilight technology was awesome. 

I am still probably going to get the 85" as i just want to have a 4k display as well as HDR for some of the new content i have as well as for gaming. I will still keep an eye out for decently priced 4K Projectors to come out on the forums and will one day upgrade to that from my current JVC. I would like to see the different from the e-shift technology to native 4k.  

Edited by lonewolf

41 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

I am seating around 3- 3.5m away from the screen i think. maybe 4ish, I have to measure it. I have gone back to using my 65" TV to compare how it feels to watch a tv in the room as opposed to my projector. Because the room is very dark and i painted the walls black, I gotta say the TV glare is a bit distressing on the eyes after mainly watching the projector in that room, but i remember this was where my favourite TV the Phillips with ambilight technology was awesome. 

3-3.5-4m ish as mentioned is really 1080p territory... but yeah doesnt mean 85" at that distance wont be irking out a bit more :) 

yeah you really cant beat that movie theatre feel of watching a movie with projected image ... it focusses you too without al later distractions in the room onto the image... a lot of reason why folks like projectors for movie experience...

TV still feels like TV ! :D

41 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

I am still probably going to get the 85" as i just want to have a 4k display as well as HDR for some of the new content i have as well as for gaming. I will still keep an eye out for decently priced 4K Projectors to come out on the forums and will one day upgrade to that from my current JVC. I would like to see the different from the e-shift technology to native 4k.  

by all means but be aware its the budget end of LCD and in output it doesnt even achieve the HDR heights you associate with LCD... its the price pay for buying a larger screen at a price ...

as i mentioned earlier as a 4k notice projector owner... and owning a 4k uhd enabled e-shift jvc... i wouldnt not in a fit write off the e-shifts... :)