Garrard 60 MKII Turntable

Hey everyone,

I've been looking at parting ways with a Garrard 60 MKII Turntable. It seems to be working perfectly and I'm unsure of a value to put on it. I figure it was close to worthless but haven't been able to find much info online for pricing.

Has anyone dealt with this model before or have any information?

Thanks. 

everything is worth something and not everybody is at a point in their journey chasing the best ($$) t/t out there. For an audio enthusiast wanting to explore vinyl with a tight budget, then this might just fit the bill. I am thinking along the lines of aussievintage-with original plinth or better 

1 hour ago, aussievintage said:

In good condition in a  nice plinth, maybe $100 or so?

Dont be discouraged by nay sayers. Put it in the market and let them be the judge

Edited by aertex
  • Like 2

A thread on DIYaudio suggests that the Garrard 60 can provide better audio quality by removing all of the changer/stacker hardware, and isolating the tonearm.  I would think putting it into a solid plinth and giving the bearing a re-lube would also help minimise rumble.  This, with a reasonable cart and new styli, would make the TT a good entry-level TT for someone.

GLWTS.

Thanks for the input guys!

I picked it up a long time ago alongside a Technics SL-23. I've had no care for it but was testing it last night and it seems to function perfectly. Figured it was time to let it go but had no idea on what to value it at. Got offered $30 but figured for that price I'd may as well keep it. $100 sounds pretty reasonable I'd say.

The standardisation of the SME (and to a lesser extent, the straigh-arm headshell) for the majority of tonearms has been one of the good things to occur in the industry.  But makes it difficult for anyone with a turntable with a non-SME headshell (BTW, does anyone have a spare All-Balance Rocketeer headshell?). 

I've noticed that there are some 3-D printed headshells available for Lenco and AR owners.  I would hope that in time all the esoteric headshells have 3-D printed options so that headshell shortages become a thing of the past. 

Edited by audiofeline

On 31/07/2020 at 11:35 AM, aussievintage said:

I am trying to get a spare headshell for one of these. I'll probably pay up to $50 as they aren't too common.

I think this may be one.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Garrard-headshell-ceramic-cartridge/254663484811?hash=item3b4b20658b:g:EfkAAOSwRd5fGlzu

• Like 2