WTB: Vintage Turntable (Garrard 401)

Item: Vintage Turntable
Price Range: Neg
Item Condition: Used
Extra Info:

Looking for a vintage turntable project or complete table. I was thinking of a Garrard 401, Thorens etc. Let me know what you have.

Edited by Sansui77
2 hours ago, zero1 said:

How much of a challenge are you after?

sn1.jpg

sn2.jpg

??

11 hours ago, Sansui77 said:

??

I agree, but I'll take that to mean you're not interested 🙃

1 hour ago, zero1 said:

I agree, but I'll take that to mean you're not interested 🙃

Thanks but I'm looking for something different.

• 1 month later...
On 31/07/2020 at 10:54 AM, Sansui77 said:

Thanks but I'm looking for something different.

Vintage but not silly money, like Peter's $old 301? 401 is the reno sweet spot, or maybe a Lenco. Easier to source for not crazy amounts of coin. Happy hunting 🙂

Hi

i have a Garrard 401 in a Vinylista plinth. You would have the choice of a Schick Tonearm for SPU A or a Schick for SPU G or a SME 3012. Another possibility would be a new Thorens TP 92 12” tonearm.  The Garrard and the SME have been refurbished  by Jason the Turntable doctor. I also have a few matching pickups. You can also off course have the TT just with the plinth

I have just too many turntable projects and need to sell a few.

alternatively I have an early Technics SP10 with another Vinylista plinth and the same choice of arms and cartridges. 
I can send pictures on Friday when I’m home

20 hours ago, christianb said:

Hi

i have a Garrard 401 in a Vinylista plinth. You would have the choice of a Schick Tonearm for SPU A or a Schick for SPU G or a SME 3012. Another possibility would be a new Thorens TP 92 12” tonearm.  The Garrard and the SME have been refurbished  by Jason the Turntable doctor. I also have a few matching pickups. You can also off course have the TT just with the plinth

I have just too many turntable projects and need to sell a few.

alternatively I have an early Technics SP10 with another Vinylista plinth and the same choice of arms and cartridges. 
I can send pictures on Friday when I’m home

Hi mate

i would be interested in your Sp10!

How about a Connoisseur Craftsman? More expensive than a 301 in it's time, and a unique and classy looking TT as well. It's in a new custom Sassafras veneer plinth.

IMG20200930182317.jpg

IMG20200930182240.jpg

• Like 2

I have a few options ATM. Continue to offer options & what you may have or wanting to sell. Thanks to everyone who has commented.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By OTOXO
      Item Condition: New Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Further information: Thorens TD 190-2 Turntable as new still in box. Purchased back in 2015 (see photos). Item sold as is. It’s still disassembled if you are interested in buying you are welcome to assemble it on site to make sure its functioning as it should.

Pickup Leichhardt

Photos:

• By Tax
      I would appreciate some advice from members who have owned or currently own the Garrard 401.

1) Does the original idler wheel need upgrading? The one in my unit looks good and does not shown any wear when I run my finger around it.

When I powered it up, it ran smoothly at the speeds and speed was spot on when measured with my Allnic strobescope.

2) Are there significant gains (if any) by upgrading to an after market idler wheel such as Audio Silente or others?

This TT is in such good original condition that I am loath to do any unwarranted modifications.

3) Are there any recommendations for feet for the plinth? 

4) Not sure whether it is worth the investment from something like still points. Is there anyone using them on a Garrard?

Thanks

• By Mr Vintage
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Holland Park State: Queensland Payment Method: Reason for selling: Wanted to Buy Further information: 

Hi all, 

I’m interested in buying an SME S3 Tonearm. 

Feel free to get in touch if you have or know someone looking at selling.
      Its going on a Thorens however, will consider another brand that also works well on a suspended deck.
      With or without Cart is fine.
      Price listed is a guide. Will negotiate upon application. 
      Cheers!

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
    • By Tax
      Item Condition: Vintage Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: NSW 2745 State: New South Wales Payment Method: EFT, Cash on pick up Reason for selling: Can't decide Further information:

PRICED TO SELL

Vintage Thorens TD160 turntable with TP tonearm. Original plinth and wiring. 

This TT has quite a global following. It is a suspended table and can be upgraded (if desired) by adding a new heavier plinth and new tonearm wiring. Some say they prefer this to a Linn. You can decide.

Prefer a local sale but also happy to hand deliver it to the local Pack and Send if you want it shipped interstate. You will need to organise pack and send to box them up for you as I do not have the original boxes.

Photos show condition of this fine vintage TT and form part of the item description. Has some dynamat on the underside of the top plate which you can remove if preferred. It was considered a tweak.

I have not mounted a cartridge on this original TP tonearm as I was using the turntable with a SME3009 tonearm and Audio Technica AT155LC cartridge which are not part of this sale.

You will need to mount your own cartridge.

Priced fairly for a quick hassle free sale. Thanks for looking!

Photos:

• By Yarrum78
      Item Condition: Excellent Original Condition Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Mitchelton State: Queensland Payment Method: Eft or Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Surplus to my needs The Thorens TD 160 Super was the top end model of the 160 Series. This premium Thorens model was not manufactured in great numbers, in fact there's a business that creates these as reproductions from standard 160's.

For those who don’t know, what made the Super model the Super was a heavier platter, and a 'floating suspension' system. The platter and main bearing are supported on a secondary chassis which is spring-mounted to isolate it not only from the main case and external forces but also from vibrations of the motor. To preserve pickup/platter geometry, the pickup arm board is also mounted directly on to this sub-chassis. It also has internal dampening to benefit sound quality and a base cover. 

This particular TT is unmolested, with perhaps only the plugs replaced. I haven't used it regular for the last 3 years and it probably should be lubricated. A belt is provided and is still supple and should serve you for many years. 

It currently has a Denon103R fitted. I am happy to remove that if you want to save yourself some money. The cart has had less than 100 hours use.

Some minor imperfections do exist:
      There are some small nicks in the particle board base a long one side, they are not visible from the front. The lid needs a polish, but there are no deep gouges. The hinges need some adjustment to hold the lid in place if opened beyond 90 degrees.   
      Pickup preferred. For serious buyers I can demo the TT connected to a Weston Time Machine and a pair of Zu Audio Omen Bookshelf speakers.

Any questions, please feel free message me.

Photos: