WTB: Vintage Turntable (Garrard 401)

Item: Vintage Turntable
Price Range: Neg
Item Condition: Used
Extra Info:

Looking for a vintage turntable project or complete table. I was thinking of a Garrard 401, Thorens etc. Let me know what you have.

Edited by Sansui77

1 hour ago, zero1 said:

I agree, but I'll take that to mean you're not interested 🙃

Thanks but I'm looking for something different.

• 1 month later...
On 31/07/2020 at 10:54 AM, Sansui77 said:

Thanks but I'm looking for something different.

Vintage but not silly money, like Peter's $old 301? 401 is the reno sweet spot, or maybe a Lenco. Easier to source for not crazy amounts of coin. Happy hunting 🙂

Hi

i have a Garrard 401 in a Vinylista plinth. You would have the choice of a Schick Tonearm for SPU A or a Schick for SPU G or a SME 3012. Another possibility would be a new Thorens TP 92 12” tonearm.  The Garrard and the SME have been refurbished  by Jason the Turntable doctor. I also have a few matching pickups. You can also off course have the TT just with the plinth

I have just too many turntable projects and need to sell a few.

alternatively I have an early Technics SP10 with another Vinylista plinth and the same choice of arms and cartridges. 
I can send pictures on Friday when I’m home

20 hours ago, christianb said:

Hi

i have a Garrard 401 in a Vinylista plinth. You would have the choice of a Schick Tonearm for SPU A or a Schick for SPU G or a SME 3012. Another possibility would be a new Thorens TP 92 12” tonearm.  The Garrard and the SME have been refurbished  by Jason the Turntable doctor. I also have a few matching pickups. You can also off course have the TT just with the plinth

I have just too many turntable projects and need to sell a few.

alternatively I have an early Technics SP10 with another Vinylista plinth and the same choice of arms and cartridges. 
I can send pictures on Friday when I’m home

Hi mate

i would be interested in your Sp10!

I have a few options ATM. Continue to offer options & what you may have or wanting to sell. Thanks to everyone who has commented.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By copeland83
      Item: Thorens TD145 or 160 Turntable
      Price Range:
      Item Condition: Used
      Extra Info: Located in Brisbane, happy to pay for safe packaging and courier from interstate

• By coolhand
      Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Original one owner Swiss made Thorens TD-160 with Thorens TP-16 tonearm (no cartridge included).

Table & arm exhibit no issues and operate very smoothly.

Factory dust cover is included, however it suffered a fracture on one side near the hinge and was repaired in a less than ideal manner.. it does however fully function for it's intended purpose, although the table looks and sounds better without it 😉

• By rps01
      Hi guys,

Please be gentle with me! I'm unsure as to where to post this, as I'm seeking some advice as to the value of some 70's/80's hifi components that my father-in-law has asked me to help him sell.

EDIT - I'VE DONE A DEAL WITH MY FATHER-IN-LAW AND THE GEAR IS NOW OFFICIALLY MINE

I've searched that auction site, Gumtree and a number of forums' sales areas. The values vary a lot, and several of the components I can only find very limited listings for.

I have heaps of photos, videos, etc. I inspected each component yesterday to see how they worked, however I'm no expert.
      The items cost quite a lot of money originally, and the deck and tonearm in particular seem to be highly sought-after.

Thankyou in advance!

• By OTOXO
      Item Condition: New Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Further information: Thorens TD 190-2 Turntable as new still in box. Purchased back in 2015 (see photos). Item sold as is. It’s still disassembled if you are interested in buying you are welcome to assemble it on site to make sure its functioning as it should.

Pickup Leichhardt

Photos:

• By Tax
      I would appreciate some advice from members who have owned or currently own the Garrard 401.

1) Does the original idler wheel need upgrading? The one in my unit looks good and does not shown any wear when I run my finger around it.

When I powered it up, it ran smoothly at the speeds and speed was spot on when measured with my Allnic strobescope.

2) Are there significant gains (if any) by upgrading to an after market idler wheel such as Audio Silente or others?

This TT is in such good original condition that I am loath to do any unwarranted modifications.

3) Are there any recommendations for feet for the plinth? 

4) Not sure whether it is worth the investment from something like still points. Is there anyone using them on a Garrard?

Thanks