Best purchasing advice - SNA classifieds

Guest dr_carl

Guest dr_carl

When it comes to great HiFi purchasing advice, look no further,  you have arrived by joining SNA.

I really like the following:

The variety of gear that comes up,

The quality of said gear,

The low prices that can be secured,

The ability to get unbiased advice,

The facility to sell your existing gear to fund your journey,

And, most importantly interacting with others of like mind.

I like reading the great bargains and the joy they help promote. Just got to watch those late night red-wine fuelled trigger pulls....

Agree. I don't often browse the classifieds, and normally only when I need to replace an item that I think is a weak link in my system. Fortunately over the last 5 years or so my system has remained much the same. :)

I drool over the quality of some of the gear listed here too, some stunning hi fi at great prices are commonly listed.

And I have sold plenty of gear over my time here, only had 1 distasteful transaction (from a fellow qlder) over some records I was listing. 

So much better than Ebay or Gumtree.

A daily ritual here also and one thing I really like is the (relatively ) new innovation of having the price of the listing in the little orange bubble. It does save time knowing something is $20 K so I don't click on it and pursue it further.

Thank you @Marc

• Like 6

It's a only when I'm well into my IPA or swill level red wine ritual for me.

Look at the classifieds while sober?  Hahaha, no way!

You need to be able to PM the OP to tell him his gear is hopelessly overpriced and if it's Cyrus Audio gear then it's like a Volvo... dog ugly and boxy but they're good and many people like them, same goes for anything Krell as they look like the working bit of the back of your fridge. Can't do that sober.

You can't PM the seller and tell him his camera skills are non existent and his paw prints and dust are that thick you can tell what type of pizza it was he had while manoeuvring himself and the item in a position for a pic.

Near mint vinyl record! Near you say? Like..umm, how close to mint is "near' to you?

Opened and played a few times but then I decided I didn't like it after all...so yeah near mint it is.

The other lp's are all mint and only opened to see if they're ok.

Really. Hmm, ok then I guess that's near mint then 0.o

Mint to me is unopened, unused, new in box if you will(NIB), and of course I trust your gradings but...lets argue the point eh?

"LP12 record player, my neighbour's. He died recently. I joined here so I can sell his gear for his wife. It has a needle that works and there's also some old cables and a dusty old amp, a Lurksman I think it is."

^^^^^^^

Those are the ads you miss when your not sober.

?

* I need one of those little orange bubbles RT is talking about that says: Don't even think about it Luc...I'm watching. ( @Marc probably)?      ?    ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Luc said:

It's a only when I'm well into my IPA or swill level red wine ritual for me.

Look at the classifieds while sober?  Hahaha, no way!

You need to be able to PM the OP to tell him his gear is hopelessly overpriced and if it's Cyrus Audio gear then it's like a Volvo... dog ugly and boxy but they're good and many people like them, same goes for anything Krell as they look like the working bit of the back of your fridge. Can't do that sober.

You can't PM the seller and tell him his camera skills are non existent and his paw prints and dust are that thick you can tell what type of pizza it was he had while manoeuvring himself and the item in a position for a pic.

Near mint vinyl record! Near you say? Like..umm, how close to mint is "near' to you?

Opened and played a few times but then I decided I didn't like it after all...so yeah near mint it is.

The other lp's are all mint and only opened to see if they're ok.

Really. Hmm, ok then I guess that's near mint then 0.o

Mint to me is unopened, unused, new in box if you will(NIB), and of course I trust your gradings but...lets argue the point eh?

"LP12 record player, my neighbour's. He died recently. I joined here so I can sell his gear for his wife. It has a needle that works and there's also some old cables and a dusty old amp, a Lurksman I think it is."

^^^^^^^

Those are the ads you miss when your not sober.

?

* I need one of those little orange bubbles RT is talking about that says: Don't even think about it Luc...I'm watching. ( @Marc probably)?      ?    ?

love it..