Reviews for Boutique Speaker Cable

1 hour ago, Bill125812 said:

The first couple are out there.   They are hellish to make.  But well worth the wait I’m hoping. 

Hey Bill, PM'd you a few times regarding purchasing a set of these but am yet to hear a response. Your PM's full?

Cheers.

19 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Hey Bill, PM'd you a few times regarding purchasing a set of these but am yet to hear a response. Your PM's full?

Cheers.

Hi Doug 

Nothing in Pm Mate 

I’ve cleared out a bit now 

Cheers 

@Snake has been kind enough to allow me to post his review   He sent this to me via PM 

What can I say.

Slipped Bill's new Boutique speaker cable into my system and -

immediately realised this was no run of the mill common SC.

Lower and tuneful low end and extended natural non fatiguing highs.

Lots of detail but smooth and can now hear further into the music.

This cable does a great job of not interfering and letting the music flow unhindered.

With only eight hours on the cable it has already opened up more and is sounding

like a much more expensive SC.

Well done Bill, as this one for me is definitely a keeper.

Pleasantly surprised,

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

One of our members posted this is my review section. I thought I would copy it to my speaker review section as well 

First of all, please mind my poor English as it is not my mother language.

I own a pair of JBL 4315, it has been driving by Luxman or Audio Note amplifier and the sound quality was far from satisfactory till I bought a pair of Jadis JA30.

There is a 6 meters distance between JA30 and 4315, therefore I initially tried the Jaycar’s Extra heavy duty OFC speaker cable,then replaced by Denko Blue/White speaker cable (made in Japan). In general I was quite ok with the result, however, the vocal just lacked of body and less musical,therefore, I have been looking for a better speaker cable for quite sometime.

Last month I read this interesting post from Bill about his boutique Speaker Cable, I am a person believe in blind test and especially with Bill’s words of “my most critical test is my wife, who can hear differences in cables while cooking up a storm, and will wonder in and tell me yes or no “.

The price was quite acceptable and in case I did not like it I could still get the refund, therefore I ordered one for 6 meters。

When first received the cables, which have a typical DIY appearance and I did not like much with the plugs, therefore replaced them with my spared WBT speaker plugs.

To be honest, I did not expect much from these cables, but once I turned on my system, the sound came from 4315 was totally astonished, the first thing stood out was the quality of the bass performance, I never heard so much details of the bass from my 4315 before. I did agree with one of the comments of “Deep and tight bass, glorious mids and sparkling highs”

Most important, it was very musical with outstanding vocal performance.

Before received these cables, I was one stage thinking that I could make a wrong choice between Bill and Kimber, now I must say I did a right decision, and going to buy few interconnected cables from Bill .

• Like 4

Another review from one of our members that he PM’d to me   @jakestar

Hi Bill

Your SC are bloody good. My favourite sounding cable to date has been the grover huffman empress for their detail, clarity and natural tonality.

I've gotta say though, that yours may have slightly more clarity and air in upper midrange so are winners IMHO.

For the asking price you should be rightfully proud of your efforts.

I think with more burn time they will further develop their natural sound.

These are staying here ?.

Peter

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cardiiiii said:

Did you order one for yourself John?

sure did, Joe

Speaker cables

Silver XLR

Silver RCA

Thought I would try them out.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, scuzzii said:

sure did, Joe

Speaker cables

Silver XLR

Silver RCA

Thought I would try them out.

I picked up the silver XLR cables and so far so good. Clarity, good Bass weight with just a hint of warmth and it’s very musical. Let us know how you go with the speakers. Might be a future upgrade. 

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

Hi

so I’ve had Bills speaker cables for a couple of weeks 

they replaced my kimber cables

from putting them in there was a definite improvement in sound stage, more depth and clarity with a good improvement in bass control. I’m now waiting for his 2 other sets of speaker cables including the one announced today. I’ve also got his silver RCA and XLR and coax cable and am very impressed with them too. 
keep it up bill 

also waiting for headphone cable to give that a go

its like Christmas has come early ?

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...

Ordered a set of Bill's Canare 4S11 cables & jumpers on Sunday, they arrived today. Whilst I was pretty happy with the performance of my Tannoy Revolution XT6F's, Bill's cables have just tightened everything up, definite improvement over the 20+ yr old Phoenix Gold 12AWG I was using...  & at the price they were a fantastic yet, inexpensive upgrade... thankyou Bill, lovely stuff, beautifully made too...

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

Just a short review of Bill's Boutique Speaker cables....

The ones I purchased were the Solid Silver ones with RCA terminations.

I've just installed them into my system attached to my new tube amp and can clarify that they really help to open up the dynamic range and depth of music I'm hearing.

Awesome clarity of detail across the range with extended lows, mids and highs.

My music hasn't sounded this good before - sounds like a paid advertisement I know, but I can guarantee that I have not been paid or given any other inducements by Bill - just my honest assessment. 

Thanks Bill!

Great price, service and cables of course.

Highly recommended!

• Like 6