SOLD: FS: Celestion Ditton 25/44/66 T1600 12" Bass Drivers

SOLD
Item Condition: Very Good
Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Bellingen
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup etc
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information:

2 x Rola / celestion T1600 12" Bass drivers. Used in Ditton models 25 / 44 / 66  
They are in beautifully preserved original condition.. measuring 4.0ohms and 4.2ohm DCR

They have been stored in a dry timber sideboard for the last 10+ years.
Everything is still stuck where and how it is meant to be ! Surrounds, spiders and even have the original mounting gasket.
There is no rubbing of the voice coils, very good clean excursion.

I have lots of other drivers for sale in other listings, so have a look if these are your flavour.

Photos:

20200727_134940.jpg

20200727_134342.jpg

20200727_134516.jpg

20200727_134704.jpg

Edited by miyouzaic
Photos
  • Like 1

Not like George Clooney  ? ..  just handy if you need a pair for replacements or spares.

They are in amazing condition for drivers made in the early seventies

I'm sure with some measurements, they would perform well in a custom new design too.

Hi Simon,

The price is as the listing says

Postage to the UK would be very expensive, and the way things are, probably take at least a couple of months.

The drivers weigh close to 4kg each... plus packaging... it adds up and nothing gets out of Oz cheap.

Hi 

Yes sorry spotted the price after sending the email. 

I need these as I have a blown woofer on my 44s. 

Could you please get me a price on posting them.

Much appreciated 

Simon 

I will take these, my only question is mine have larger dust caps. They are the same model number though.

I have one blown and the other is scratchy. Apart from the different size dust caps they would be the same? They are for a set of 44's cheers Glenn

Edited by GlennS

The 44's came out with two different bass drivers depending on which series you have, I know the Rola were in the series one as I have a pair identical to the sellers, I'm fairly sure the frames would be the same for the series 2 and 3. 

The Rola were considered the better of the two so as well as fixing your 44's should also be an upgrade, great speakers for the money 

17 hours ago, GlennS said:

mine have larger dust caps

It's possible you have the Rola's and someone refoamed and replaced the dust caps when realigning 

13 hours ago, rewindhifi said:

These are quite rare, esp the HF2000 tweeters.

GLWS!

The tweeters on offer are not HF2000 they are still very worthy units 

you are right though the 2000's paired with the Rola/Celestion woofers are a perfect match, I was lucky enough to fluke a bargain purchase which have shamed a few supposedly high end contenders 

Edited by Powerglide

I only saw one picture with the larger dust cover on google images after Glenn mentioned his were larger...

It was on an auction site and clearly showed on the cast chassis between the magnet and face  T2619 MK2

For some reason now the images won't load

There was also this written in the item description..

The T2619 is an upgraded later variant to the T1600, although it can of course be used as a replacement for the T1600 ( its dust cap may be larger ).