SOLD: FS: Relist and final price drop - Simaudio Moon 760A Power Amplifier

SOLD
Item Condition: Excellent / as new
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Sydney
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash
Reason for selling: Funding a sidegrade (see below)

Further information:

Relisting with another/final price adjustment... the sublime Simaudio Moon 760A Moon power amp!

I am selling this amp to move sideways to an Esoteric amp that is more in keeping with the Esoteric DAC and Pre I run these days.

I.e. only trading to make my system look more uniform aesthetically, have 100% no issues at all with the sound signature/quality (or looks in the absolute sense) of the 760A.

If it doesn't move, I will keep it and forgo the dream of the aesthetic revamp of my set up.

What makes the 760A special:

1. Brilliant sound quality - pitch black backgrounds, and complete control of music throughout the spectrum from bass to treble

2. 130W into 8ohm (in class A/B)... with potential to bi-amp. So can pump serious power for the vast majority of loudspeakers

3. First 5W are Class A - so a great match for high efficiency speakers. Can also be used as a headphone amp for very hard to drive headphones

4. Extraordinary build quality - will last a life time, and has been looked after with a great deal of care. It also doesn't run too hot, which hopefully helps with longevity

5. Weighs only 20kg, so is pretty user friendly to install etc. And looks rather nice in silver/black two-tone

In Aron Gerrecht's words:

"During my time with Simaudio’s Moon Evolution 760A, I was reminded of what an exceptionally well-engineered and -constructed amplifier can provide, aesthetically and sonically. The finesse with which the 760A consistently balanced power, transparency, dynamics, tonal colors, and dimensionality, all against near-silent backgrounds, was spellbinding... Heck, even if you’re not in the market for a new reference amplifier, go hear firsthand what the 760A has to offer -- it’s the best-sounding standalone power amplifier I’ve heard for anywhere near its price of [US]$8000. Recommending it is a no-brainer."

-- https://www.soundstageultra.com/index.php/equipment-menu/578-moon-by-simaudio-evolution-760a-stereo-amplifier

Specs/new price here:

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/products/simaudio-moon-evolution-760a-stereo-power-amplifier

Have original packaging, can ship.

Photos: 

Moon 1.jpg

Moon 2.jpg

Moon 5.jpg

Moon 4.jpg

Moon 3.jpg

Edited by WedgeBiggs

If I had more money (and younger ears) I'd buy this as a second one. Love mine, and can't understand why this hasn't yet sold. Bargain for some lucky person.

Still GLWTS!

I’m so happy with my Moon amp. 

Agree with the moon sound, it’s got a dark/quiet background, and has plenty of control. It can also produce a wide soundstage, and clear imaging.

It’s neutral with a slight tilt to the warmer side.