Rest In Peace.....wonderful guitarist. 

Hate to read our legends are passing away 😞

26 minutes ago, Mr 57 said:

Rest In Peace.....wonderful guitarist. 

Hate to read our legends are passing away 😞

Well, no one gets out of here alive mate.

Great blues guitarist and he has left a huge legacy to the music world. RIP.

I have no words.

R.I.P. Peter.

This surprises me because I thought he was already gone.

Vale Peter.

RIP.

R.I.P. Peter. Good music mate.

RIP Peter. 

One of my all time guitar heroes and a truly nice individual. Gone too soon to the great gig in the sky.

R.I.P Peter and thank you for the music.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

:(

Sometime in '68 I was wagging High School and spending quite a lazy and very interesting afternoon at a school mate's parent vacated nearby house...with other guys and gurls...

When I heard music that totally distracted me from a jobby at hand...

It was at that precise moment I knew I would never play electric guitar as well as the unknown guitarist I was hearing filling the room and my attentive ears...my thoughts of being a rock star just nose dived like a seagull after a tossed away chippie...maybe I still had a chance as a Bass player yet!!!...who's that i yelled out from the depths of a warm limb crowded sofa to bruno...Albatross by Fleetwood Mac.....feck thats good!!! Yeah its ok... :) I looked around for others to agree with my clever observation but nooo I was the silly one wasting time being distracted  :) 

You hear people often talk/reminisce about how their life was influenced by such and such that inspired them on to bigger and better things on  Life's big road of discovery...well not for me mine was more like an easy dirt track where others had gone before me!...I was a happy plodder/follower...

The day I heard Albatross my world teetered a little bit and then regained its weird balance. To be honest I was too young to know why Albatross moved me so(that would be left for an older me) All I knew was from that day on I would keep  an ear and eye out for anything to do with  Peter Green/Fleetwood Mac ...

Rumours of Peter Green being a grave digger came from a welsh mate...drug issues...blues bands...splinter groups...I just listened, observed over the years and bought Vinyl and CDs...

And now he's gone...and a part of me as well...

Their right you know...the moving caravan moves on never to return and a quite a few have fallen off it...some are my childhood musical heroes...Lennon...Hendrix...Joplin...et al and now its Peter Green...

I feel like i'm up front of the moving caravan sitting on the bench with Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull and I say to him knowingly ...your next!...he's all hairy, dirty and dressed in an oversized grey army coat Ian responds to my smart remark with a negative shake of his head and points his flute at my head and I hear him rasp out with a locomotive breath...no you are...(the all time loser!)... :( 

The caravan keeps moving...their are no barking dogs anywhere to be heard...and as we disappear around life's next bend all I can hear is the whimsical/magical sounds of Albatross light and airy going on and on lifting sky high...Man if I've got to go I'm going out on Peter Green's Albatross...Vale old friend! 

Edited by BLAH BLAH

RIP Peter Green

I'll be playing my Peter Green Fleetwood Mac greatest hits vinyl today. Albatros, Oh Well 1 and 2, Black Magic Woman , Man of the World, Green Manalishi etc, etc.

RIP Mr Green

Ahh, what?!! Nah, can't be. This is just such sad news. 😪

Posted (edited)

Time for a good look in the mirror when your teenage heroes start dropping off the twig.

Who is that old t. w. a. t. in  my bathroom?  Oh well!

Edited by buddyev

Both jamming out there somewhere.

See the source image

5 hours ago, BLAH BLAH said:

Sometime in '68 I was wagging High School and spending quite a lazy and very interesting afternoon at a school mate's parent vacated nearby house...with other guys and gurls...

When I heard music that totally distracted me from a jobby at hand...

It was at that precise moment I knew I would never play electric guitar as well as the unknown guitarist I was hearing filling the room and my attentive ears...my thoughts of being a rock star just nose dived like a seagull after a tossed away chippie...maybe I still had a chance as a Bass player yet!!!...who's that i yelled out from the depths of a warm limb crowded sofa to bruno...Albatross by Fleetwood Mac.....feck thats good!!! Yeah its ok... :) I looked around for others to agree with my clever observation but nooo I was the silly one wasting time being distracted  :) 

You hear people often talk/reminisce about how their life was influenced by such and such that inspired them on to bigger and better things on  Life's big road of discovery...well not for me mine was more like an easy dirt track where others had gone before me!...I was a happy plodder/follower...

The day I heard Albatross my world teetered a little bit and then regained its weird balance. To be honest I was too young to know why Albatross moved me so(that would be left for an older me) All I knew was from that day on I would keep  an ear and eye out for anything to do with  Peter Green/Fleetwood Mac ...

Rumours of Peter Green being a grave digger came from a welsh mate...drug issues...blues bands...splinter groups...I just listened, observed over the years and bought Vinyl and CDs...

And now he's gone...and a part of me as well...

Their right you know...the moving caravan moves on never to return and a quite a few have fallen off it...some are my childhood musical heroes...Lennon...Hendrix...Joplin...et al and now its Peter Green...

I feel like i'm up front of the moving caravan sitting on the bench with Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull and I say to him knowingly ...your next!...he's all hairy, dirty and dressed in an oversized grey army coat Ian responds to my remark with a negative shake of his head and points his flute at my head and I hear him rasp out...you are! :( 

The caravan keeps moving...their are no barking dogs anywhere to be heard...and as we disappear around life's next bend all I can hear is the whimsical/magical sounds of Albatross light and airy going on and on lifting sky high...Man if I've got to go I'm going out on Peter Green's Albatross...Vale old friend! 

Yes, Peter Green and Carlos Santana were my great heroes around 1970 at age 15 or so. They showed that there was more to the guitar than the pete townsend thrash (not that there's anything wrong with that!).

2 minutes ago, buddyev said:

Yes, Peter Green and Carlos Santana were my great heroes around 1970 at age 15 or so. They showed that there was more to the guitar than the pete townsend thrash (not that there's anything wrong with that!).

Canna agree less... @buddyev...

Peter Green went on to to bigger and better songs but it was always Albatross for me...

Carlos Santana went very close to topping Albatross with Abraxas's Samba Pa Ti... another killer diller guitar inspired instrumental...

Pete Townsend was never in the same ball park with the above two for me...Who are you...who who... :) 

14 minutes ago, BLAH BLAH said:

Canna agree less... @buddyev...

Peter Green went on to to bigger and better songs but it was always Albatross for me...

Carlos Santana went very close to topping Albatross with Abraxas's Samba Pa Ti... another killer diller guitar inspired instrumental...

Pete Townsend was never in the same ball park with the above two for me...Who are you...who who... :) 

That's what I meant to say - Townsend was a very one-dimensional thrasher, not capable of much delicacy, subtlety or inventiveness. Still, the Who were good fun. 

RIP Peter Green

Nice words from Mick.

Fleetwood wrote in a statement to Rolling Stone. “Peter was the man who started the band Fleetwood Mac along with myself, John McVie, and Jeremy Spencer. No one has ever stepped into the ranks of Fleetwood Mac without a reverence for Peter Green and his talent, and to the fact that music should shine bright and always be delivered with uncompromising passion!!!”

“Peter, I will miss you, but rest easy your music lives on. I thank you for asking me to be your drummer all those years ago,” he wrote. “We did good, and trailblazed one hell of a musical road for so many to enjoy. God speed to you, my dearest friend.”

12 hours ago, Yamaha_man said:

Well, no one gets out of here alive mate.

Those who are in Christ do.

Pity I can't find the original, Peter Green and the under appreciated Danny Kirwan trade lick for lick!