CSR MARTINI ABSORB XHD - Melbourne

Hello does anyone know where to buy this in Melbourne area? I rang csr but they won’t deal with retail unless I’m buying Noah’s Ark quantities 

they gave me 2 names of a retailer who don’t answer their phones lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes Sayers plumbing coburg can order in all the CSR martini products from Sydney . Their prices were  very reasonable . But Covid up-ended my plans 

csr martini have minimum order quantities

i also went to the Autex experience centre in Melbourne where I was greeted by a pompous teenage prat. All she could do was brag about how she only deals with exclusive architects and designers , but could lower herself to deal with a pleb like me. Autex acoustic products are priced like Jardan  furniture, another wwannk  company who price their furniture is if they were Picasso’s.

its polyester ffs

Edited by Kdjjdk Will
  • Like 2

Thanks @Kdjjdk Will. If there is a minimum order quantity that is more than you need, are you interested in sharing an order, once indulging in hobbies is a permitted reason to leave the house?  I probably only need one sheet (if 2.4m x 1.2m).

What way the price and minimum order quantity?

I know what you mean about "architectural" stuff. If you are greeted by a beautifully put together website and fancy showroom, unfortunately the prices tend to match.

10 hours ago, Classicjazzophile said:

Hi @Kdjjdk Will

Did you have any luck finding someone that can supply this? I'm interested in some 50mm thick Martini if you have some spare and want to sell excess.

Michael

I'd also be interested. I did a group buy with 3 or 4 other members a few years ago and it worked out well. Luckily the organiser had a van and the room at his home for the bulk order. I'm after white this time round.

I don't really care about the colour too much as I'm going to cover it with fabric  - hopefully an art print if I can find where to get acoustically transparent fabric printed that's not too expensive. White may be preferred as it won't show through. We'll see what the minimum order quantity is and what Will comes back with, but a group buy seems like a good plan!

Michael

10 minutes ago, Classicjazzophile said:

I don't really care about the colour too much as I'm going to cover it with fabric  - hopefully an art print if I can find where to get acoustically transparent fabric printed that's not too expensive. White may be preferred as it won't show through. We'll see what the minimum order quantity is and what Will comes back with, but a group buy seems like a good plan!

Michael

I think it is 12 2.4mx1.2m sheets. I had a Ford Territory at the time and they only just fit in the back. I cut all my share into 1200mmx600mm sheets and placed around my HT room. This time it will be for my living room and dodgy DIY window screens for some west facing windows, so I'll also be covering them. I believe you get flag material printed to cover them

Ok - 12 is a lot of material!  As I probably only need one sheet we might need  more in the group buy.

I have a commodore station wagon which can take a pretty big load - I'll check whether 2.4 x 1.2 will fit.

Thanks for the tip re flag material. I'll have a hunt around for that.

Michael

What I was quoted about a month ago

martini Xhd is available in black or white

100 Mm thickness $270 per pack , and there are 3 panels in a pack, price includes GST- minimum 3 pack order

75 mm thickness $275 per pack , 4 in a pack , minimum 3 pack order

of course with freight companies jacking up there prices maybe it’s all more expensive now

from memory Autex acoustic panel products were considerably more expensive, presumably as a marketing tool. I saw their  phenomenally priced 3D acoustic tiles and they looked ghastly. Scam pricing imho

CSR MARTNI also have an XXHD range which I’ve never seen 

csr martini is made in Sydney and its about 2 weeks turn around approx once u place an order

Edited by Kdjjdk Will
  • Like 1

Thanks for the update Will. I'll get an updated price for 50mm white Martini XHD and create a group buy on Stereonet. 

If we have enough people interested then I'll order as soon as Melbourne travel restrictions allow when we reach the third step of reopening (hopefully on 26 Oct).

I'll post back here when I have created the group buy.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i can get MARTINI ABSORB XHD   50mm white

They come in 2400 x 1200  each bag contains 6 pieces.

Min order is 3 bags.

Who is interested in buying 1 or more bags/pieces of me if i purchase 3 bags.  Because i'll probably only use less than 1 bag.

Hi @des35swim

I'm interested in one 50 mm panel (could live with 75mm as a second choice). If you are willing to arrange the group buy that might make more sense than me doing it as you need a reasonable amount. I have been a bit distracted onto other things (just bought a MiniDSP UMIK-1 and 2x4HD processor) so I haven't done anything more on the Martini order.

Based on Will's pricing above I'd estimate it is around $50 per sheet for 50mm. 

I was a bit concerned I'd be left with a bunch I didn't want if people pulled out, so you'd probably want to be slightly "oversubscribed" if you need to buy 3 bags.

Where abouts are you located?

Michael

Great.  Yeh your pretty spot on with the price it will be around $53 per sheet.  But i still need to organise it to be delivered to my place, which i think they said around $150 or $200 to deliver from their store in south yarra.  Unless someone has a big van or truck that is willing to pick it up and delivery to my place in Bentleigh.

So price will be between $60 - $65 per sheet unless someone able to deliver it for me in which case make it $53 per sheet.
I'm located in Bentleigh.

So
@gat474 :  3 sheets

- @Classicjazzophile  how much would you want

@blybo, @mpearce38 and @Kdjjdk Will 
MARTINI ABSORB XHD   50mm white 

I plan to buy the min order of this if i get enough other interest.
The min order is 3 bags, each bag contains 6 pieces of 2400 x 1200

Cost will be between $53 - $65 per piece depending on how much it costs for me to get it delivered to my place in bentleigh.

Any of you interested ?