Sign in to follow this  
allthumbs

Audio Lag/latency

I boughtpt a new Hisense TV recently to replace my previous Hisense TV. 

I have it connected to my Quad Vena Amplifier via the Optical output from the TV.  When I watch it via the amp there seems to be some audio lag that varies from slight to ridiculous (like watching The Samurai as a kid ridiculous).

The TV settings don't seem to help. I only listen in stereo.

I noticed the other night with my wireless headphones or using the TV's own sound system and cutting the amp out of the story lip sync falls back into place.

Live TV with or without the amp no timing lag issues.

Any advice would be welcome and gratefully acknowledges as to what may be occurring.

the joys of video processed by the telly and audio being decoded by the dac  ? unfortunately no link back as get with hdmi where its the audio that is used to keep video in synch ? 

why is live TV not got an issue though ?  that leaves me wondering ?

did you have this issue with previous hisense telly ? 

20 minutes ago, betty boop said:

did you have this issue with previous hisense telly ? 

No BB, no lag with the previous TV.   I didn't even know if there was a sync setting on the previous tv never had a need that necessitated looking for it.  I am flummoxed.

Cheers for your reply.

The only way I was able to resolve a voice lag issue with my LG 65” tv was to connect the sources into the tv via hdmi leads, and then run an audio optical out from the tv to the AV receiver/amplifier. If I tried to connect the sources into the AV receiver and then out the tv, the voice lag would occur.

Sonically, it is not desirable to do what I have done as you are relying on the tv’s cheap circuits to pass the sound out to the receiver from the source components, but in practice any sound degradation is not too noticeable?

Cheers, Steve.

I have come to the conclusion that the optical input is where the discrepancy lies. I tried Bluetooth from the TV paired to the Quad, no problem all good, TV direct to Bluetooth to headphones no problem.

Which would rule out the Wi-Fi stream from the modem/router to the TV as I thought their might be some NBN buffering issues or some such thing?

Even via the Optical it is not always the same with the latency,  but I swapped out the optical cable with another and got the same results.

First world problem I know.