Recently purchased what was described as a gold plated SACD from Kogan pty Ltd for $30 incl delivery  which I thought was a good deal! Only to receive a regular red book quality CD .

Buyer Beware

You haven't been supplied what was advertised then. It seems pretty straight forward, to me.

Have you contacted the retailer for a replacement or refund?

As Mark suggests, contact and ask for what they advertised, or for a refund.

Kogan...grrrr! >:(

Is it from Kogan themselves, or their marketplace i.e. a supplier using platform?

I've been ordering CD's from Rarewaves in the UK since April. Contacted them last night about 2 missing items from 2 separate orders in May. They got back to me within an hour to let me know that replacements for the missing items would be dispatched within 24hrs.

Thanks to @needlerunner for mentioning Rarewaves in one of his posts. They're fantastic for CD purchases.

3 hours ago, deanB said:

I've been ordering CD's from Rarewaves in the UK since April. Contacted them last night about 2 missing items from 2 separate orders in May. They got back to me within an hour to let me know that replacements for the missing items would be dispatched within 24hrs.

Thanks to @needlerunner for mentioning Rarewaves in one of his posts. They're fantastic for CD purchases.

Hi Dean.

Glad it helped you mate.😃

But.  Not my experience at all. I am still waiting for cd l ordered May 14.

In fact 2 others l ordered from them in June are overdue as well.

The one l ordered in May is my main concern. I have contacted them twice and both times they push the Covid issue and keep pushing the posting date forward. Their recent advise was to wait till July 27. The thing is (and l told them) l have recieved a cd l ordered from them a month after that one, through Amazon just the other day.

I have requested a refund, but all l get is the be patient line, it will be delivered. What!!! It's been 10 weeks.

But to be fair, l am not sure if the issue lies solely with them. The 3 CDs in question, where all ordered through eBay. All other CDs l have ordered recently directly from rarewaves themselves or Amazon have arrived at around 5 weeks (which one would expect). So what's going on?

Guess l can only wait till their July 27 deadline and contact them again.

Nothing in today's post. So Monday it is.

Don't think l will ordering anymore CDs from them via eBay.

Sorry for the rant. But it feels so...so good.

Apologies for going OT. Not sure why people are surprised with delays to overseas deliveries??? Anything ordered overseas is likely to be shipped using local postal services who are totally dependent on airlines flying regular routes. Unfortunately, not many airlines are flying to Australia with passengers but a few are carrying more cargo.

If you want certainty with delivery and will pay more, go Fedex, DHL or UPS who have their own planes. 

25 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

Hi Dean.

Glad it helped you mate.😃

But.  Not my experience at all. I am still waiting for cd l ordered May 14.

In fact 2 others l ordered from them in June are overdue as well.

The one l ordered in May is my main concern. I have contacted them twice and both times they push the Covid issue and keep pushing the posting date forward. Their recent advise was to wait till July 27. The thing is (and l told them) l have recieved a cd l ordered from them a month after that one, through Amazon just the other day.

I have requested a refund, but all l get is the be patient line, it will be delivered. What!!! It's been 10 weeks.

But to be fair, l am not sure if the issue lies solely with them. The 3 CDs in question, where all ordered through eBay. All other CDs l have ordered recently directly from rarewaves themselves or Amazon have arrived at around 5 weeks (which one would expect). So what's going on?

Guess l can only wait till their July 27 deadline and contact them again.

Nothing in today's post. So Monday it is.

Don't think l will ordering anymore CDs from them via eBay.

Sorry for the rant. But it feels so...so good.

I opened an account and order from the website. eBay? Hmm... last resort for me.

Anyway, glad you feel a bit better after getting that out there. Thanks for the heads up, I'll remain vigilant.

3 hours ago, deanB said:

I opened an account and order from the website. eBay? Hmm... last resort for me.

Anyway, glad you feel a bit better after getting that out there. Thanks for the heads up, I'll remain vigilant.

I probably do need to be more patience.  And it probably is more about frustration more than anything else. But l think 8 weeks is more than enough time, even in these times. I wait 8 weeks before l sound off. Most give a refund after that time. To which l have received 2 post Covid. And you know what...both those CDs never turned up and we are talking one late April and the other early May. In fact anything l have been refunded on over the last couple of years as never turned up.  And they wont.  eBay offer a great service generally. But l am curious as to why their delivery times are (in my case anyway) a lot slower. My last order direct to rarewaves only took 4 1/2 weeks from order to my door.

They cost a bit more that way l find, but they have always delivered. Me, I'm going direct to them in the future. They are still a lot cheaper than most music outlets in the UK. They package really well as well. And shipping on records generally is only $3.30 which is an absolute bargain.

4 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

Apologies for going OT. Not sure why people are surprised with delays to overseas deliveries??? Anything ordered overseas is likely to be shipped using local postal services who are totally dependent on airlines flying regular routes. Unfortunately, not many airlines are flying to Australia with passengers but a few are carrying more cargo.

If you want certainty with delivery and will pay more, go Fedex, DHL or UPS who have their own planes. 

Yeah, I've got a couple of things outstanding from international  private sellers. It's been months and despite great comms I really don't know if I'll ever see them.

Stopped ordering anything international months ago.

Actually surprised to read how much is getting through.

On 24/07/2020 at 9:02 AM, Marc said:

You haven't been supplied what was advertised then. It seems pretty straight forward, to me.

Have you contacted the retailer for a replacement or refund?

Oh so false advertising and inconvenience to the customer is Ok with you? No it’s not so straight forward!

1 minute ago, pjohn said:

Oh so false advertising and inconvenience to the customer is Ok with you? No it’s not so straight forward!

?

Thoroughly recommend BIRDLAND RECORDS as a great source for CD's and SACD's. Pricing is very good but the packaging (bullet-proof!) and delivery time (warp speed!) makes them a stand-out. Given up on CD JAPAN , MUSIC DIRECT and ELUSIVE DISC....great companies but delivery costs are astronomic.

Cheers

Mick

21 minutes ago, 075Congo said:

Thoroughly recommend BIRDLAND RECORDS as a great source for CD's and SACD's. Pricing is very good but the packaging (bullet-proof!) and delivery time (warp speed!) makes them a stand-out. Given up on CD JAPAN , MUSIC DIRECT and ELUSIVE DISC....great companies but delivery costs are astronomic.

Cheers

Mick

Second that about Birdland records. I’m local in Sydney and to walk into the shop and see all the quality selection on offer is just a relief, I still believe in the physical shopping interactions. They do also ship all around Australia. So well worth contacting for a quality item or even if it’s something obscure that you are after for your collection

Neo

2 hours ago, pjohn said:

No John. Perhaps you could give me the courtesy of reading my post again. I was saying it's not OK, and that what has transpired is straight forward.

You actually haven't even bothered responding to all those that answered you - and didn't even answer my question. Have you contacted the seller?

This ain't facebook. We all try to help each other on this site.

5 minutes ago, Marc said:

This ain't facebook. We all try to help each other on this site.

Definitely. That is what makes this forum different to any other I have seen.

It is much more of  a community and thankfully, vastly different,  to the likes of Facebook.

Interesting to talk with Australia Post re delays in delivery of goods bought online from the UK and from the EU. Delays of 30 to 60 days are to be expected because mail comes by ship now. Need to be ultra-patient or buy locally. Audiophile Reference Recordings in Melbourne does a great job in spite of COVID-19!

45 minutes ago, 075Congo said:

Interesting to talk with Australia Post re delays in delivery of goods bought online from the UK and from the EU. Delays of 30 to 60 days are to be expected because mail comes by ship now. Need to be ultra-patient or buy locally. Audiophile Reference Recordings in Melbourne does a great job in spite of COVID-19!

Thanks. Yes, interesting.

I'm more likely to make the effort to buy in AU since I know it's actually available.

Aussie Post been doing well with all my internal mail.

3 hours ago, 075Congo said:

Thoroughly recommend BIRDLAND RECORDS as a great source for CD's and SACD's.

Thanks for the heads up, living in Perth had no idea this store existed.

Hmm, wonder if SACD's sound better than CD's 🤔

I would not be game to open the topic of CD vs SACD on SNA. Depends on the disc recording quality and on the quality of the player used. Then you have the UHQCD...BLU SPEC....XRCD as well. 

Cheers

1 hour ago, STROP said:

Thanks for the heads up, living in Perth had no idea this store existed.

Hmm, wonder if SACD's sound better than CD's 🤔

23 minutes ago, 075Congo said:

I would not be game to open the topic of CD vs SACD on SNA. Depends on the disc recording quality and on the quality of the player used. Then you have the UHQCD...BLU SPEC....XRCD as well. 

Cheers

Not relevant to this thread. Start a new thread (preferably in The Great Debate) if you want to discuss that one please.

On 24/07/2020 at 4:31 PM, eman said:

Yeah, I've got a couple of things outstanding from international  private sellers. It's been months and despite great comms I really don't know if I'll ever see them.

Stopped ordering anything international months ago.

Actually surprised to read how much is getting through.

Received a cd from the uk that took just less than a month. So things are on the improve. The sticking point is probably more Aus Post now, especially since the new outbreak.

Update regarding my errant cd. Didn't arrive at today's deadline, so another email to them l guess. Deffinitely lost, as l received a cd from the same supplier that was ordered 6 weeks after this one.

On 25/07/2020 at 7:55 AM, 075Congo said:

Cheers

Mick

Thanks for the heads up Mick. Will definitely check them out. Another Aussie company called Mighty Ape are very good also. They are pretty generic, but have a huge selection and the odd gem pops up occassionly. Any issue and they will even refund or replace, no questions asked, and they even let you keep the faulty item.  They have a lot of sales also and I've picked up some real bargains.

Ken

Posted (edited)
On 25/07/2020 at 7:55 AM, 075Congo said:

Cheers

Mick

On 25/07/2020 at 8:20 AM, Neo said:

Second that about Birdland records. I’m local in Sydney and to walk into the shop and see all the quality selection on offer is just a relief, I still believe in the physical shopping interactions. They do also ship all around Australia. So well worth contacting for a quality item or even if it’s something obscure that you are after for your collection

Neo

Thanks guys, I've ordered 3 cd's from Birdland. 

Prices were a smidge higher than Rarewaves but Birdland a) had all 3 in stock; b) cds will be here Wed at the latest.

Edited by deanB

There are so many great CD Retailers in Australia; another great outlet is the Title Music store in Surry Hills. If you are into the ECM titles or a great selection of Vinyl that store is fantastic. If you are in Sydney that store is a wonderful experience and the owner really knows his stuff.

Cheers