Hi everyone,

First time here - i had an old 4002 that wasn't playing 45 at the correct speed, did my research and ended up taking it to the B&O tech in Caufield (Melbourne VIC) and was dumb enough not to have a 45  with me when picking it up. Took it home and it did not play nice. got charged 250 bucks for my trouble.

That was 4 years ago and i've given up trying to find a reputable repairer. Can anyone recommend a TT tech that can fix this issue that is NOT the B&O mob i went to?

Many thanks in advance

They are easy to work on and there is a series of videos on youtube by a chap I think is the US which covers everything

He also makes replacement parts.

Virtually everything can be remedied with the aporopriate cleaning and general service.

Have a go I did mine a few years back as it had been unused for over 30 years and everything works fine.

If you get "stuck" contact me and I can guide you through it.

@Colin Rutter thanks for that! will give it a go. Btw is that your ride in the profile pic? the DS21 with the Jaeger dash is dream car for me, or an SM if the budget allow.

Yes its a D Special.

I don't like SMs but that's just me.

On 22/07/2020 at 7:48 PM, Dronemeister said:

Hi everyone,

First time here - i had an old 4002 that wasn't playing 45 at the correct speed, did my research and ended up taking it to the B&O tech in Caufield (Melbourne VIC) and was dumb enough not to have a 45  with me when picking it up. Took it home and it did not play nice. got charged 250 bucks for my trouble.

That was 4 years ago and i've given up trying to find a reputable repairer. Can anyone recommend a TT tech that can fix this issue that is NOT the B&O mob i went to?

Many thanks in advance

Hi,

did the B&O tech tell you what the problem was ?

it is fairly easy to change the 45rpm trimmer on the main board (something he has done I presume) but there could also be an additional problem from the pitch adjustment pot, something that you probably tried to adjust....that is just if the speed is too slow/fast ?

if your complaint is about speed fluctuations then its more involving for the untrained ?! Caps and or transistor problem ?!

if you would be in Perth I could do it for you, but.....

beolover blogs are a good address to study !!

best of luck