SOLD: FS: Redgum RGI120ENR integrated amplifier

Guest dr_carl

Guest dr_carl
SOLD
Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Sydney
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: PayPal, eft
Reason for selling: Need to pay for my new amp

Further information:

I bought this amp from another SNA member 5 years ago, had it serviced and it has been perfect ever since. It is rated at 175 W per channel at 8 Ohms and produces 500 W per channel at 2 Ohms. There is no speaker this amp will not drive.

The sound is (wanting to avoid cliche) fantastic. You will not regret scoring this bargain. RRP was $4k, but they don't make them anymore. (They stopped the Chinese manufacturing during Trump's trade war)

Honestly if had not found a compelling bargain here, I would not be selling. In fact if I could afford to have two amps I'd keep it. Every time I used it I would be finding new things in the music, no kidding.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

20200719_163002.jpg

20200719_163009.jpg

20200719_163028.jpg

Great amplifiers.

Begs the question "Why do we Australians not appreciate our own..."

These are fabulous reliable amplifiers that I would purchase in a instant if I didn't build my own.

I wonder if Ian Robinson is still around.

If you are "Hi Ian, long time no see or speak".

Guest Kurt Benson

I think this is the Redgum Amplifier I won at the Melbourne Hi-Fi show, I sold it to the current SNA Member.

3 hours ago, Colin Rutter said:

Yep, Ian’s still around, still working. Still building his amps, and testing/servicing(repairing as needed (though repairs are few and far between - I have a late ‘90s RGi60 that recently got a clean bill of health, never failed, never repaired)

• Like 1

I have a 20 yo Redgum 120 ENR with the Redgum facia putting out around 170 wpc into 8 ohms. It is still like new and in all those years I have had one fuse go and one mosfet changed. And it has been used almost daily when I’ve been at home. How many other amps could you say that of ? And Ian and Lindy are well. The great thing about the Redgum is that if anything goes wrong (highly unlikely) Ian will always make time to fix it ASAP (in my case the same day). 
Not sure what the current amps sound like but mine has great bottom end and has been described as sounding very tube-like. Highly recommended. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Colin Rutter said:

Great amplifiers.

Begs the question "Why do we Australians not appreciate our own..."

These are fabulous reliable amplifiers that I would purchase in a instant if I didn't build my own.

If you are "Hi Ian, long time no see or speak".

Ian & Lindy are still around!

Ive just ordered a Redgum preamp to match my RG120i power amp

Fantastic Aussie made amps, I have 3, just can’t part with any of them!