FS: Price Drop: Tannoy DC10T Speakers & Hypex nCore Power Amp

Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Tasmania
State: Tasmania
Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash
Reason for selling: Upgrade

Selling a nice pair of Tannoy DC10T Speakers + a Hypex nCore NC1200 Stereo Power Amp to go towards my stereo upgrade.

The speakers are around 5 years old now and the amp is 7 months and they work together beautifully.

The DC10T is the same speaker as the DC10Ti, excluding the plinth base (the upgraded isolation feet I have installed are better than the plinth now anyway). No drivers, crossovers or other components changed. The drivers are Alnico powered and the dual concentric has the Tulip wave guide. These are a completely different speaker than the DC6 and DC8 in terms of build quality, drivers and sound and by far my favourite modern Tannoys I have tried. I also own the DC8's for my apartment, but they having nothing on these. The bass is phenomenal for the cabinet size and detail in mid/tops is stellar.

Have a read of these reviews to get more of an idea:

http://www.audioreference.co.nz/node/5096/pdf

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/tannoy-definition-dc10-ti/

One of the drivers has a minor repair near edge of cone. Cannot see from a meter back, but noticeable up close. Doesn't affect the sound at all and not worth re-coning IMO.

The amp is one of my own builds, so it does not have safety approval cert yet - but am in the process of getting that sorted and should be through soon.

The speakers have original boxes for shipping and so does the amp. I have upgraded the feet to sorbothane isolation for hard floors, comes with original carpet spikes aswell and magnetic grills.

I can throw in some quality Van Den Hul speaker cables as a deal sweetener if taking the pair.

Free delivery anywhere in Tasmania AUSTRALIA  included and very reasonable freight cost to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, WA with TNT Sensitive Technology Freight.

Will consider separating if required, but rather sell together.

IMG_20200322_162350.jpg

IMG_20200717_141533.jpg

IMG_20200717_141544.jpg

IMG_20200717_141640.jpg

IMG_20200722_114127.jpg

Definition DC10T HFC323_Page_2.jpg

Definition DC10T HFC323_Page_3.jpg

Definition DC10T HFC323.pdf

Edited by 81Vintage
Specs
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, 81Vintage said:
Price: $8000
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Tasmania
State: Tasmania
Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash
Reason for selling: Upgrade

Selling a nice pair of Tannoy DC10T Speakers + a Hypex nCore NC1200 Stereo Power Amp to go towards my stereo upgrade.

The speakers are around 4 years old now and the amp is 7 months and they work together beautifully.

The amp is one of my own builds, so it does not have safety approval cert yet - but am in the process of getting that sorted and should be through soon.

The speakers have original boxes for shipping and so does the amp. I have upgraded the feet to sorbothane isolation for hard floors, comes with original carpet spikes aswell and magnetic grills.

I can throw in some quality QED or Van Den Hul speaker cables as a deal sweetener if taking the pair.

Free delivery anywhere in Tasmania included and very reasonable freight cost to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, WA with TNT Sensitive Technology Freight.

Will consider separating if required, but rather sell together.

IMG_20200322_162350.jpg

IMG_20200717_141533.jpg

IMG_20200717_141544.jpg

IMG_20200717_141640.jpg

GLWTS, the amp looks great. 

Thanks Guys,

Yes I designed it, locally made from start to finish in Tassie.

Thats blackwood timber, but I also did some panels from Tiger Myrtle, Celery Pine and Tas Oak with stain. I can swap them out if someone prefers a different timber.

Cheers

IMG_20200717_141150.jpg

IMG_20200717_142011.jpg

TAS Timbers Gloss Poly.jpg

TAS Timbers No Finish.jpg

• Like 1