Unfortunately Covid had brought the decision forward,  print media has been declining at an accelerated rate as we speak and has been since the introduction of the tablets or the ipad and the power of the current phones.     The biggest sign here was herald/Sun, Age etc reducing there print and going on line.  Last Year one of the biggest print houses in Melb; Macedes Waratah went into liquidation, they were considering and negotiating into some production devices when they wanted to move to Laverton, never eventuated.

20/7/2020 --Bauer Media Australia will permanently shut eight of its magazines including NW, OK!, Harper's Bazaar and Elle after months of uncertainty. The magazines' print editions have been suspended since May due to social-distancing restrictions put in place because of the coronavirus pandemic. But Bauer, which has just been formally acquired by private equity firm Mercury Capital, has now confirmed they will shut altogether. The other affected titles are InStyle, Men’s Health, Women’s Health and Good Health. Bauer will hold discussions with affected editorial, sale and production staff.

Not quite on the level of Q Magazine, but still... it's industry-wide.

As much as I regret the decline of printed magazines, newspapers, even books I am totally guilty of their neglect, not having bought any of those in years (except a few thrift-store paperbacks). Q-Mag was a great read, I bought it regularly for many years after NME went 'nu-revelutionary-indie-anarchist' They did get bloody expensive though, now I spend all my time reading the things I need, and many I really don't, for free on my phone. Just like millions of others. Sad but inevitable.

Posted (edited)

20/7/2020 --Bauer Media Australia will permanently shut eight of its magazines including NW, OK!, Harper's Bazaar and Elle after months of uncertainty. The magazines' print editions have been suspended since May due to social-distancing restrictions put in place because of the coronavirus pandemic. But Bauer, which has just been formally acquired by private equity firm Mercury Capital, has now confirmed they will shut altogether. The other affected titles are InStyle, Men’s Health, Women’s Health and Good Health. Bauer will hold discussions with affected editorial, sale and production staff.

For some strange reason I'm not upset by this. There may be hope for the koalas yet.

Edited by t_mike

I'm enjoying the irony of a pandemic bringing down Mens Health, Womens Health, and Good Health.

Just now, pwstereo said:

I'm enjoying the irony of a pandemic bringing down Mens Health, Womens Health, and Good Health.

Those mags were only ever for ppl who were already healthy anyway.

..... but yes, some irony.