Kindly need advice as to good amplifiers for my stereo. Presently running a Rega RP 10 turntable with Apheta cartridge  PMC twenty 5.6 speakers and Sansui au710 amp . 
What would be a suitable replacement  amp to compliment my system.

Listen to mainly 1970’s LP s.

What’s the budget, prefer new or used amp, are you ok with separate preamp and power amp combinations, what’s the oldest or newest age gear you would like?

Edited by Al.M

Any issue with the AU710, it's supposed to be a capable unit/rebadged AU717(?) What sort of sound are you looking for, eg, warm(?) and how many watts. Going used separates would be a step up but you would loose the warmth...

Maybe look at an integrated valve amp if you want a change ...  plenty of nice 2nd hand amps coming up on the Classifieds ...  talk to the sellers and try and visit and listen to ones locally, you learn a lot ..

Have a look at a 2nd hand Leak ... couple on Gumtree ... fits in nicely with your 70's theme ..

Edited by Rosco8
  • Thanks 1

Tube is fine with me but have never heard one .

Want a warm sound but lots of clarity.

Budget preferably less than $3k second hand fine but want reliability.

My Sansui amp is pretty good no major issues but hoping to even more improvement .

I love the Rega RP10 and was blown away how much better it was than my older Rega P 3.

Tube is fine with me but have never heard one .

Want a warm sound but lots of clarity.

Budget preferably less than $3k second hand fine but want reliability.

My Sansui amp is pretty good no major issues but hoping to even more improvement .

I love the Rega RP10 and was blown away how much better it was than my older Rega 3.

Goodaye

Spend $500 on the AU710 and get it capped, cleaned would be a much better choice.

l run a AU715 and others that have been restored and they sound as good if not better than the day they came out of factory.

Listening to a AU70 at the moment.

regards Bruce