Quality audio/coax cables

On a quest to find a local supplier of Belden and Canare spdif/analog cables, I came across this website.

https://www.ordiocables.com.au/

Ben has been terrific to deal with. 

I will be ordering a custom Belden 1694a, and Canare version both with Canare RCAP RCA (75ohm RCA crimps) connectors.

Prices are extremely reasonable, and Ben was a real pleasure to deal with.

I just wanted to highlight this Australian provider, for anyone else looking for quality pro quality cabling for their home or workplace. 

Edited by musicbee
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ittaku said:

Love the name of the company! Thanks for the link.

I thought the name was cool too. 

I would rather my dollars stay in OZ, than go to offshore ebay sellers, or Bluejeans etc. 

Lifetime warranty is good too. 

I will provide some more feedback when I get the cables. 

Edited by musicbee

3 minutes ago, musicbee said:

I thought the name was cool too. 

I would rather my dollars stay in OZ, than go to offshore ebay sellers, or Bluejeans etc. 

Lifetime warranty is good too. 

I will provide some more feedback when I get the cables.

I like the Aussie manufacturer too. I've been looking for a half decent manufacturer of XLR Y-split cables and these are just the ticket as they'll be light years better than the no-name brand garbage you normally find. I might order some anyway.

Just now, Ittaku said:

I like the Aussie manufacturer too. I've been looking for a half decent manufacturer of XLR Y-split cables and these are just the ticket as they'll be light years better than the no-name brand garbage you normally find. I might order some anyway.

Awesome, I sound like a fan boy... lol. 

With all the COVID and anti China stuff going on, I'm trying to keep my dollars local. 

If you need custom Ben can help. 

I couldn't find 1694a on the website, but he said no issue. 

He even provides custom text on shrink labelling if you need. 

Anyway.

Enjoy. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/07/2020 at 2:20 PM, Ittaku said:

Have you tried Aurealis? You can get something a lot better than instrument cable from Geoff.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gabehcuod said:

Have you tried Aurealis? You can get something a lot better than instrument cable from Geoff.

Canare, Belden, Koltz, Mogami produce some of the finest cables in the world, used throughout the worlds recording studios. 

All cables have measurement data and perform to the highest standards. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, musicbee said:

Canare, Belden, Koltz, Mogami produce some of the finest cables in the world, used throughout the worlds recording studios. 

All cables have measurement data and perform to the highest standards. 

I mean, if they have to maintain a balance between sonic degradation and cost.

I wouldn't expect any studio to be using hundreds of meters of litz.

Just wouldn't be cost effective. Luckily, the mastering engineer is able to compensate for issues in the recording.
Doesn't mean you should make the same compromises.

35 minutes ago, Gabehcuod said:

Just wouldn't be cost effective. Luckily, the mastering engineer is able to compensate for issues in the recording.

i see in your equipment description the use of sommer cable .isn,t that pro audio.

36 minutes ago, Gabehcuod said:

25 minutes ago, ray4410 said:

i see in your equipment description the use of sommer cable .isn,t that pro audio.

You got me there. To be fair, I was just being cheap with that one. It's only a power cable anyway.

• Like 1

Lol, there are so many examples of excellent pro audio cables and hardware.

Cables:

Canare, Belden, Koltz, Mogami

Hardware: 

Bryston, RME, PMC, Crown, JBL, Tannoy, Yamaha, Mytek, Purifi, Hypex, etc etc etc 

Drivers: 

JBL, Faital, B&C, PHL, 18 Sound etc, etc  

I think the argument that somehow pro cable and/or equipment doesn't meet the same "high" standards of Hifi is completely floored and a dated argument. 

One needs to compare on a product by product basis. 

Edited by musicbee

2 hours ago, Gabehcuod said:

There would be nothing to compensate for. As much as I'm a fan of using litz cables in my own audio setup, the fact remains there's no measurable difference between litz and ordinary cable in audio applications, and the absolutely minuscule differences in overall impedance in the audio frequency range are theoretically too small to account for a difference as well, and litz comes at a cost of increased capacitance. For a professional recording setup - where measurements matter - they won't be applying the use of litz technology designed for radio frequency applications.

16 hours ago, Gabehcuod said:

Agreed, what counts is if it sounds better, theory and measurements play second fiddle to how it sounds when reproducing for the home.

I was very impressed with Geoff's Litz cables that I tried, unfortunately I never could get my budget together for them even though they are very cheap compared to alternatives of the same quality, instead picking up some bargains in another brand used, good but maybe not as good as Aurealis Litz.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 10/08/2020 at 4:47 PM, muon* said:

Agreed, what counts is if it sounds better, theory and measurements play second fiddle to how it sounds when reproducing for the home.

I was very impressed with Geoff's Litz cables that I tried, unfortunately I never could get my budget together for them even though they are very cheap compared to alternatives of the same quality, instead picking up some bargains in another brand used, good but maybe not as good as Aurealis Litz.

Agreed, Aurealis Audio R1 Dragon mixed silver and copper stranded Litz is the best I've ever used. I do have some pure silver RCA's coming from Robertson Audio to try soon though between my LDR passive pre amp 2x power amps.

With speaker cables, the best I've so far tried is the pure silver Litz weave cables from eBay seller Joenandchris1 in the UK with the caveat that you have to keep them away from power cables or you get a loud hum through your speakers. Second place in the sound stakes  are both Aurealis cables, The Duelund DCA16GA and Litz 201, both of which suffer no such issues.

4 minutes ago, MattyW said:

Agreed, Aurealis Audio R1 Dragon mixed silver and copper stranded Litz is the best I've ever used. I do have some pure silver RCA's coming from Robertson Audio to try soon though between my LDR passive pre amp 2x power amps.

With speaker cables, the best I've so far tried is the pure silver Litz weave cables from eBay seller Joenandchris1 in the UK with the caveat that you have to keep them away from power cables or you get a loud hum through your speakers. Second place in the sound stakes  are both Aurealis cables, The Duelund DCA16GA and Litz 201, both of which suffer no such issues.

This game is very subjective. 

I am allergic to silver. 

4 hours ago, musicbee said:

This game is very subjective. 

I am allergic to silver. 

I'm allergic to poor quality silver.... Also silver plated copper. Can't stand any hint of brightness or harshness to the sound. I used to associate that with silver until I discovered it's just poor quality silver and silver plated stuff that sounds this way.

Edited by MattyW

I am currently using the Aurealis Audio R1 Dragon XLR's (ETI KRYO Connectors) and a 3 metre pair of Aurealis Audio LITZ 301 Speaker cables (ETI KRYO Connectors). After cable looms from Shunyata , Nordost, FoilFlex the Aurealis Audio cables are brilliant value for money. Build quality is First Class and sound wise these cables tick all the boxes. Geoff Maloney is great to deal with and his after sales service is something other audio retailers should copy. Recently asked Geoff to make a set of Jumper Leads; as a previous customer the discounted price really made my day.

Cheers

• Like 2