Hi,

i have a project rpm3 with carbon arm and silver 2M stylus. I am not happy about the need to replace belt every now and tven. Hence want to change to clearaudio concept. Does it worth keeping the stylus and buying clearaudio concept Tara without stylus? 

On 20/07/2020 at 5:33 PM, BEZBEN said:

Hi,

i have a project rpm3 with carbon arm and silver 2M stylus. I am not happy about the need to replace belt every now and tven. Hence want to change to clearaudio concept. Does it worth keeping the stylus and buying clearaudio concept Tara without stylus? 

Isn't the Clearaudio Concept also belt drive? 

• 2 weeks later...

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By coolhand
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, EFT, COD Only Reason for selling: NLR The Clearaudio MAGIX2 Magnetischer Resonanzedämpfer are the result of many years research in most effective means of reducing any acoustic feedback to the minimum. An absolute unusual feature of this principle is that the MAGIX2 in operating state reaches an automatic self-shielding of the magnetic field.

With these deployed I was able to entirely eliminate any disturbances & feedback from a turntable arranged on a platform which was situated upon a suspended timber floor, even with large speakers in close proximity and high replay volumes.
      They are equally beneficial with any type of audio components which can benefit from isolation and/or damping.

Dimensions: 111 mm x 105 mm
      Each device weighs 2.2kg and is height adjustable.

For my front end & sa/cd player I elected to use a somewhat similar and also highly effective SAP Relaxa 3+ magnetic levitation isolation platform (see my other listed FS advert here on Stereonet for it).

To reach optimal resonance absorption it is necessary to coordinate the number of MAGIX2 relative to the weight of the component to be damped (and additionally the weight of an underlaying platform - if for example an acrylic plate or wooden board is also to be deployed under the component)
      Weight bearing capacity: 16 pounds (8kg’s) each (take the weight of the component, and platform if used, which you intend to isolate, and divide by 4 to determine the number of Magix you will need).

From a sonic perspective, the Magix differ from other devices by what they don’t do. 
      Most any isolation device imparts some sort of character of its own. That may be increased detail, more speed, a slight softening, added brightness, etc., etc. 
      The Magix strips all those artifacts away, and leaves behind a sense of purity and air. 
      Background silence is increased, subtle details are allowed to unfold rather than being forced out, and the music ebbs and flows with a naturalness that is alluring.

Review:

https://hifi-unlimited.blogspot.com/2009/08/levitate-your-music-clearaudio-magix2.html

"So the CDP is levitated, but how does it sound? In a word, fantastic!
      It's probably THE most effective isolation device around. It doesn't really change the sound that much, but what little it does matters so much to the music. It allows your equipment perform to it's fullest without exhorting it's own character, which by comparison, the Finite Element Ceraballs do so to a certain extent(if over used, that is!).
      I can say that each musical instrument, vocal replayed via the system now has an added dimension to it. Like high hats has that brassiness to it. The piano seems more naturally real and violins have that little extra sheen to it's resonating body. Vocals have the extra body too. Best of all each and every instrument presented within the sound stage has that little bit of air around them, making them seemed free, un constricted."

User comments from both Stereonet members and from other forums

"I have a SAP Relaxa 3+ mag-lev platform. As well, I have 8 Clearaudio Magix mag-lev footers under the shelf my Yamaha GT 2000 sits upon.
      All-up a substantial monetary outlay for these accessories. I would buy more of them also.
      I have observed two different variables at work which determine how well these two not so different products perform.
      The pylons/platform work optimally upon being loaded-down to close to the limit of what they can support. The other factor I have noted, is that the degree of compression for each mag-lev pylon should be consistant with the other pylons as much as possible.
      I find the Magix to be very, very good under the turntable and the SAP 3+ to make a worthwhile contribution under the preamp."

Also  some detailed info I found regarding support platform/device comparisons on audio asylum:

https://www.audioasylum.com/audio/tweaks/messages/114144.html

THE RANKING: MOST PREFERRED TO LEAST PREFERRED (SACD ISOLATION ONLY)
      1. SAP Relaxa 3+
      2. Clearaudio Magix
      3. SAP Relaxa 1
      4. Finite Elemente Ceraball (tie)
      4. Gingko Cloud 11 (tie)
      6. Aurios 1.2
      7. Osiris
      8. Bright Star Air Mass/Big Rock
      9. Ganymede
      10. Black Diamond Racing Cones with Pucks
      11. Hipjoints
      12. JJaz Fods
      13. Vibrapods
      14. Stillpoints
      15. Vibracones (with large ball bearing)
      16. Black Diamond Racing Cones (solo)
      17. Tightropes
      18. Polycrystal Isolators
      19. Stock Feet
      20. SRA VR Isobase
      21. SSC Pucks

• By Josh Ballard
      Well I bought a new Goldring E3 today and I installed it as per the Manuel says, used a scale for tracking weight (2.0g) and a protractor for alignment.

In the middle of the first album I decided to play the stylus broke and collapsed onto the record. Not sure what happened, if I did something or if it’s a faulty stylus. 

have you guys ever had a similar experience or know what might of happened?

cheers 

• By Josh83
      Item: In the market for a turntable. Have my heart set on a Clearaudio Concept. I live in Sunshine Coast Qld though I’m open to pay for delivery if the table is right. 
      Price Range: $1000-$1500
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info:

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).
    • By rockpig
      Item Condition: NEW Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Everton Park, Brisbane State: Queensland Payment Method: EFT, Cash Reason for selling: Not required Further information:
      Ortofon D.20E/11 - 857E replacement stylus SEALED BRAND NEW
      Never opened, sealed in original packaging. New old stock.
      Spare part was purchased new with Dual CS 505 turntable sometime in the 80's I think.
      No longer have the TT so this is of no use to me.
      Happy to express post within Australia add $12

• By joshwd
      Item:Turntable
      Price Range:1200
      Item Condition: Used, good condition 
      Extra Info:
      Am looking for a good well looked after TT , $1000-1200; the clearaudio concept is my dream unit but am also open to alternatives.  Am in a pretty remote part of NSW so will have to be shipped (am happy to pay).

Thanks!