Favourite 2 Album Artists

1 minute ago, PassionForSound said:

I know it's early days for her and this will probably be disqualified in the near future, but I'd rate Lorde pretty highly in this list too.

I certainly hope she is not eligible for this list in 12 months.   Otherwise  that would have meant she joined the 27 club, well before 27.

• Like 1

Risking the Wrath of Khan here but one group that I got into for a while qualifies, Telepopmusic had Genetic World and Angel Milk. Both good albums with millions of e.p.'s and remixes and compilations and promo's etc. but only two (I hope) bone fide albums.

220px-Genetic_World.jpg.61796fe9b4772f48b1c2403ed5d13f42.jpg  220px-Angel_Milk_cover.jpg.3732c2816ae6b5533ec0ac8cadad12fd.jpg

Cool thread.  I honestly didn’t realise some of these artists only released two albums.

I’m gonna inject something metal in honour of the OP and go with Devin Townsend Band.  Noting that the OP is tough on meeting the criteria, I’ll clarify that Devy released his solo ambient weirdness album Devlab in between these two masterpieces, but that was released as a solo album.

5A6BC14D-8452-4931-96C6-BFDBEC56C337.jpeg

00BA4855-746A-415F-9E07-2EF2F4914A0F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

This is easy for me: The Stone Roses.

The eponymous first album was one of the great albums of all time and a defining record for the Madchester/Rave generation in the UK in the lates 80s/early 90s.

The second album, "The Second Coming" was less of a classic and is quite divisive as seen here

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Mallard said:

The eponymous first album was one of the great albums of all time and a defining record for the Madchester/Rave generation in the UK in the lates 80s/early 90s.

The second album, "The Second Coming" was less of a classic and is quite divisive as seen here

I was just working my way through the thread and was intending to add the Stone Roses as well - you beat me to it!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Mallard said:

Very true!!.     Great selection.  I have most of Ian Brown's solo stuff.   

Great band.

• Like 1

Neko Case and her Boyfriends

71D974D6-1213-449E-B1CB-0629A610D082.jpeg.7daeef02ee80325aa628124750de7595.jpeg2ABD8832-26CB-41D4-B704-A402ADA1AD81.jpeg.e8b2e4ad0845826383d4730460d6085d.jpeg

The Virginian (1997) is a country album, essentially. It’s good in as much as it’s a showcase for Neko’s voice but the songs are mostly pretty forgettable.

Furnace Room Lullaby (2000) is an amazing album. It’s still country but with a much more gothic/noir flavour and it set the tone for her honest-to-goodness solo stuff to grow and evolve into some of the most interesting modern pop songwriting of the last ten years

From a UK perspective I believe Westworld can count ?

And pushing the boundaries further then Adam and the Ants can count!  Yes they had three albums but Malcolm McLaren stole all the Ants to form Bow Wow Wow so Ant recruited Perroni and basically formed a new band and sound..... talk about a blessing in disguise for Ant

You are welcome to disagree..... especially with my taste in music but being born in the early 70's these were two pop bands I grew up with in the UK! ? 

• Like 1