Favourite 2 Album Artists

What are your favourite artists that only had 2 studio albums before they either disbanded or someone died.

JOY DIVISION:    not much more that can be said - classic band that morphed into an equally classic band after Ian Curtis hung himself.  Closer is an absolute masterpiece.

• Like 3

THE BELOVED: 

one of my fav bands and both their albums Happiness in 1990 and X in 1993 in the early 90's are absolute classics in electronic music.  The sound quality of both albums is out of this world.

Then they just disappeared.

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bill125812 said:

The Beatles white album. 

seriously?? Did you even bother to read the thread?

the Beatles were around for 9 years and 15 albums.    that does not classify under any circumstances as a 2 album band.

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, keyse1 said:

This was a shock to me a few years ago when I google his discography and discovered that Hank only released 2 records in his life

everything else was after he died

58FE5DF7-DD46-4D13-8DD3-1248355B8D27.jpeg

8E843277-576A-4BD8-8EC7-15850CC99D5E.jpeg

WOW.  that I did not know.       like Robert Johnson who never had an album released, only singles while he was alive.

5 minutes ago, metal beat said:

WOW.  that I did not know.       like Robert Johnson who never had an album released, only singles while he was alive.

I know I was surprised

A lot of his recordings on radio shows complete with Hank reading adds have been released recently 

I think he recorded a lot of singles during his life which give the impression there were from records

Paul Kelly & The Dots.

Talk and Manila are both such energetic and fun records and the band was great to see live.

Live lineup was a little different with 3 guitars + bass & drums at most of the gigs I got to see including support for Dire Straits at Festival Hall in '81.

Apparently PK himself is not a fan of those 2 albums these days!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, metal beat said:

seriously?? Did you even bother to read the thread?

the Beatles were around for 9 years and 15 albums.    that does not classify under any circumstances as a 2 album band.

Sorry for the horrendous mistake   Thought you meant double albums ‘

33 minutes ago, metal beat said:

he only had one album b4 he drowned himself.

No,

The Ep Live at Sin-e was released whilst alive, technically his first album. Grace was his only studio album whilst on earth.

12 minutes ago, Ray H said:

No,

The Ep Live at Sin-e was released whilst alive, technically his first album. Grace was his only studio album whilst on earth.

Sorry, A live EP is not a album or any sort , its an EP.   ?

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 2

That's a curly one metal beat. I can't think of that many off the top of my head...

Digable Planets

The Avalanches (though I heard a rumour they may be about to disqualify themselves)

The Transatlantics (Aus retro-retro soul group)

• Like 1