Power sound audio

@Kaynin I think was getting some, so i dont believe an issue ? 

unless its just covid related with shipping or something. US is very out of action as with quite disrupted shipping at the moment.

have you specifically heard something else from a retailer or other source ? 

I believe Peter recently indicated to another member that he was waiting for the Aussie dollar to improve before he placed another order with PSA. If so, that could take quite a while.

Thanks Quark. 

I spoke to Tom, the owner of psa.

I wanted a couple of his down firing sealed subs, but he said he doesn't really ship outside of the states.  As for the dollar I agree that's gonna be a while.  Have you heard of red spade audio's 18 inch sub. 

Yeah I just picked up 2x V1800’s.  Peter has stock so an easy transaction, they were delivered a day or two after payment.  I never discussed other models or non-stocked products because these fit the bill.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jmouss said:

2 v18s . Wow your gonna have fun with those.  After a few moviesi think you'll need to renevate the home??.

Psa subs are plain sick. 

Funny, @Quark has twin PSA’s and also said the plaster’s going to fall off the walls!  Gonna be fun!

2 minutes ago, jmouss said:

Can you maybe post your impressions if you have time. Thanks bro. 

More than happy to, except they won’t be out of the box for a few weeks, maybe a month, I have a few other things to sort first, such as a new cabinet, speakers, amps, pre etc.  

I have another thread running that I’ll update - 

17 minutes ago, jmouss said:

Thanks Quark. 

I spoke to Tom, the owner of psa.

I wanted a couple of his down firing sealed subs, but he said he doesn't really ship outside of the states.  As for the dollar I agree that's gonna be a while.  Have you heard of red spade audio's 18 inch sub. 

No, I haven't heard Paul's 18" sub - expect it would be very good with the right amp.

I have dual xs30se’s and one amp blew, so I decided to upgrade both subs to the ice amps as I have read that they are more reliable and it reset the 5 year warranty. I also reckon I don’t need to upgrade the subs as they offer plenty of kick for my needs. I hope to keep them long term.

Not sure if I’ll get more grunt out of the ice amps but I’ll find out this week. 

psa makes a great product and Peter is absolutely fantastic to deal with.

im amazed nobody has snapped up the v3600’s that Peter has in stock as I reckon they are far better value than the likes of SVS. 

Edited by flamjam

When I picked up my V1500 earlier this year from Peter, I vaguely remember he was thinking perhaps looking into moving to a order in business model rather than holding local stock. I had an issue with the input detector misfiring on my unit and Peter promptly arranged for it to be fixed even during this disastrous logistical environment. Even offered me a replacement sub to hold me over, although I did not take the offer. Can't recommend him highly enough!

Very interested in the new units with ipal drivers.

Edited by Essence

11 hours ago, flamjam said:

I have dual xs30se’s and one amp blew, so I decided to upgrade both subs to the ice amps as I have read that they are more reliable and it reset the 5 year warranty. I also reckon I don’t need to upgrade the subs as they offer plenty of kick for my needs. I hope to keep them long term.

Not sure if I’ll get more grunt out of the ice amps but I’ll find out this week. 

psa makes a great product and Peter is absolutely fantastic to deal with.

im amazed nobody has snapped up the v3600’s that Peter has in stock as I reckon they are far better value than the likes of SVS. 

I was thinking of getting the v1500 and v1800 but Tom from psa told me for my room size sealed would be much better. So I ended up with dual xs30se as well??

They are phenomenal subs.  I also got an xs15se which I've paired with them. 

3 hours ago, jmouss said:

I was thinking of getting the v1500 and v1800 but Tom from psa told me for my room size sealed would be much better. So I ended up with dual xs30se as well??

Hi, I'm curious what your room size is.

I looked at costs for importing two TV18 subwoofers from PSA recently and the shipping via forwarders alone was more than one of the subwoofers so they got crossed off the list pretty fast.

Fortunately Rythmik subwoofers are currently more accessible here so I went down that path.

On 20/07/2020 at 12:56 PM, jmouss said:

I really like them as well. I’ve thought about going back to ported a couple of times but I really enjoy what the sealed subs do in my closed room. that xs15se would make a nice near field to accompany the 30se’s.
Once the ice amps go in, I’m probably done in the sub department for the foreseeable future 

Edited by flamjam

30 minutes ago, stinger said:

I looked at costs for importing two TV18 subwoofers from PSA recently and the shipping via forwarders alone was more than one of the subwoofers so they got crossed off the list pretty fast.

Fortunately Rythmik subwoofers are currently more accessible here so I went down that path.

Which rythmik did you go for?

2 minutes ago, flamjam said:

I really like them as well. I’ve thought about going back to ported a couple of times but I really enjoy what the sealed subs do in my closed room. that xs15se would make a nice near field to accompany the 30se’s.
Once the ice amps go in, I’m probably done in the sub department. 

smart move bro.  This whole bass thing never ends.  Getting the right bass in a room is so tiring to achieve.