The Cocktail Audio N15D is available on Hi-Fi Disposals for $799. I currently have a Primare NP5, which is a great player but the major streaming services (except for Spotify) are integrated. So I have to use UPnP for Tidal and this can be impacted by my Wi-Fi (I don't have a way to connect via ethernet in my lounge room).

This player looks like it may be better for me as I can connect my PC / tablet to the N15D using a USB connection and can also buy a Wi-Fi dongle and use the Cocktail Audio app to stream directly from Tidal without having to use UPnP.  My internet is fine when streaming on one device but struggles when streaming on a computer and connecting to my NP5 over UPnP. I can also have a HDD of music added to the device without having to buy a NAS.

Are there many people on here with the N15D? If so, how do you find the product? Is the app any good? The review on the Google Play store aren't that positive. Or do you use the web interface control on your computer? Is it easy to save music on the HDD when it is in the N15D, or do you have to remove and connect to a PC to do this? 

I'm not sure whether to get the N15D and sell my NP5 and Schiit Modi 3, or wait until I can get a good deal on a Matrix Audio streamer. 

Hey Joe,

I speak very highly of the N15D as a streamer (and server) but ONLY if one was using Roon as the control software of choice - the (two) apps that are available for the CA, are quite frankly, absolute ****...

My advice would be to consider the Matrix Audio product when one comes along at the right price - excellent DACs/streamers with great apps as well as wifi and Roon certification.

• Like 1

Thanks Mark.

I really don't understand why companies develop poor apps to support their products. Did you try the web interface for the N15D too? 

I do like the look of the Matrix Audio products, so I may end up waiting until one of those come around at the right price. 

Joe

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By atty
      Item Condition: Brand new Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: BONDI State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Left over stock Hi all,    I'm selling a brand new Bluesound Node 2i in black. Unit is in factory sealed box. Unit comes with 2 years warranty backed by Convoy International Australia.    For clarification, I run speaker building workshops in Sydney and as part of the business I sell HiFi equipment - this is the last unit I have hence the discount.    Unit specifications and info can be found here.  
      Photos:

• By Andrew o_o
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Yarraville State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Upgraded Further information:

Allo Digione Signature Player Raspberry Pi based streamer/music player 
      This includes a RPi 3 B+, 16Gb micro SD card, 2 x Allo Shanti Ultra Low Noise Linear Power Supplies and Allo Digione S/PIDF transport. 
      I had been using Volumio Virtuoso and its native tidal support and BubbleUPnP to stream to the Allo Digione Signature Player

The Digione signature RPi hat requires 2 5V power sources, one is supplied to the RPi (dirty) and the other is for the I2S conversion and S/PDIF reclocking on the Digione signature board. A standard 5V 3A adapter is included to power the RPi, the iFi iPower adaptor and battery pack are included to provide a cleaner power source to the Digione signature board. 
      https://allo.com/sparky/digione-signature-player.html
      https://www.allo.com/sparky/shanti.html
      https://darko.audio/2018/11/a-short-film-about-the-allo-digione-signature/

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
    • By peppy
      Item Condition: Near New Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Castle Hill, NSW 2154 State: NSW Payment Method: Cash, Paypal Reason for selling: Not Needed Changed Direction Further information:
      Cambridge Audio CXN (V1) Streamer with remote and wifi streamer etc..
      Purchased Aug 2020 , Near new condition.
      Comes with receipt and warranty
      Pick up: Castle Hill, NSW 2154

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By hugo_wilco
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: PayPal EFT Cash on pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

Practically brand new! mint in box. Used once to make sure it works. Came with NDX2 which is sold. Save on RRP. 

Photos:

• By vik74au
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Keysborough / Wantirna State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal Family/Friends, Cash, EFT Reason for selling: Bad case of upgraditis, Funds needed Further information:

BlueSound MQA Streamer DAC 

Photos:

PLEASE READ