Subwoofer Upgrade

Looking to add a second sub to my HT setup. 

Currently have a DIY sealed 12" Peerlees XXLS + O-Audio 300W bash plate amp, which really does great in the room but looking for a bit more.

Room is 4x4m.

Given i'll still run the existing sub, would a SVS-PB1000 be sufficient?

Fronts are LS50, Krix KDX Centre, SVS Ultra surround.

13 hours ago, Simo71 said:

REL HT/1205 surpasses the SB-2000 and is priced not much more than the SB-1000

Thanks, i found a local SB-2000 on the used market, which was more than what i wanted to spend anyway!

The REL would be great, but again, even more than what i want to spend!

7 hours ago, occxlr8ed said:

Thanks, i found a local SB-2000 on the used market, which was more than what i wanted to spend anyway!

The REL would be great, but again, even more than what i want to spend!

Most excellent, well done on the find.

On 20/07/2020 at 10:58 PM, Simo71 said:

REL HT/1205 surpasses the SB-2000 and is priced not much more than the SB-1000

Is this truly the case? Would you say sits between the SB2000 and SB3000? In my mind I just always thought REL would be more expensive for comparable units.

1 hour ago, Andre28 said:

Is this truly the case? Would you say sits between the SB2000 and SB3000? In my mind I just always thought REL would be more expensive for comparable units.

Considering the cost difference, absolutely.  The Rel retails @ 1399.00 but can be had cheaper when actually buying while the SB-2000 retails @ 2000.00 but many places they are on sale for 1799 give or take.

i would say the SB-3000 would be better, but I never listened to one as they are closer to the 3000.00 dollar mark.

50 minutes ago, Andre28 said:

Oh right factoring in price, but if they were the same price you think the SB2000 would edge it out?

No, as in the same room there is no way the SB2000Pro produced better performance.  But I went in expecting very similar performance as the REL is 500w rms and SVS being 550w rms.

• Like 1