STAX L700 mk2 electrostatic headphones and hifi system fit

I am buying a set of STAX L700 headphones and energiser. My question is how do I incorporate these pieces into my current system which is MacBook Pro running Audirvana into Arcam irDACII via USB which is connected to Arcam A39 integrated amp by twin RCAs and to Arcam CDS27 streamer/CD by coaxial (ie to DAC). Will I connect the energiser to my DAC or one of the other pieces?

I've searched but couldn't find an answer to this. And if it's blindingly obvious, sorry....

Thanks

1 minute ago, JAF123 said:

I am buying a set of STAX L700 headphones and energiser. My question is how do I incorporate these pieces into my current system which is MacBook Pro running Audirvana into Arcam irDACII via USB which is connected to Arcam A39 integrated amp by twin RCAs and to Arcam CDS27 streamer/CD by coaxial (ie to DAC). Will I connect the energiser to my DAC or one of the other pieces?

I've searched but couldn't find an answer to this. And if it's blindingly obvious, sorry....

Thanks

From dac to Stax

• Like 1

Which energiser are you getting?

Are you getting an Stax amplifier (i.e. SRM-353X, SRM-DM50, etc) or are you getting a transformer box similar to a Woo Audio Wee?

If you energiser is an amplifier than what Addicted to music said is correct, but if you are transformer box then you need to plug that into a stereo amplifier to power it.

2 hours ago, rx79ez08 said:

Which energiser are you getting?

Are you getting an Stax amplifier (i.e. SRM-353X, SRM-DM50, etc) or are you getting a transformer box similar to a Woo Audio Wee?

If you energiser is an amplifier than what Addicted to music said is correct, but if you are transformer box then you need to plug that into a stereo amplifier to power it.

I'm getting the Stax SRM-252s from A2A

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By elisix_
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: NSW Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

Meze Empyrean (Gunmetal) with case and receipt
      Includes the stock 4 pin XLR cable
      14 months warranty remaining

The Meze Empyrean is the product of two passionate companies coming together to explore what is possible beyond their individual capabilities. The result is a no-compromise headphone embodying Meze’s daring aesthetic and user-centred design approach and Rinaro’s experience in research and development within the field of planar magnetics.
      Rinaro, a progressive audio company, has at the heart of its technology an R&D team that has been at the forefront of planar magnetic development since the 1980’s. What originally started as a state-funded initiative with a focus on innovation has now entered into a new chapter of audio progression with the opening of a cutting-edge industrial facility in Ukraine.

FRAME
      Fibreglass infused ABS
      HYBRID MAGNET ARRAY
      Symmetrically placed on each side of the diaphragm, our neodymium magnets are specifically arranged into a Hybrid Array to create efficient Isodynamic magnetic field required for a uniform activation across the whole diaphragm surface.
      RINARO ISOPLANAR® DIAPHRAGM
      Weighing only 0.16 g while
      having 4650 mm² of active area.

HYBRID ARRAY DRIVER ADVANTAGES
      Combines two independently shaped voice coils within the same diaphragm delivering more selective acoustic performance to the various areas within the structure of the ear.
      ACCURATE REPRODUCTION
      Total harmonic distortion (THD) measures under 0.1% in the whole frequency range
       LIGHTWEIGHT
      Reduced driver weight designed to create a headphone that offers prolonged listening sessions
       ERGONOMIC SHAPE
      Ergonomically shaped driver structure with an increased active area
       ULTRA-HIGH-RESOLUTION AUDIO
      Upper-frequency limit of audio reproduction is 110,000 Hz
       ULTRA EFFICIENT
      100db@1mw/1kHz High performance without needing amplification
       PATENT PENDING ISODYNAMIC HYBRID ARRAY DRIVER
      World's first in planar magnetic headphones

The Meze Empyrean Driver combines individual switchback and spiral-shaped voice coils, their unique shapes allowing sound to be targeted with more accuracy around the natural form of the ear. This unique combination generates an increased exposure of direct sound wave frequencies over the 10kHz range and improves imaging and localization by decreasing the impact of shortwave time delays caused by diffused field reflections.

AUDIBLE BENEFITS OF A DUAL DRIVEN SYSTEM
      One of the problems with conventional planar magnetic arrays is coming from reflected signals entering the ear canal with different time delays, thereby worsening the focus of 3D sound imaging.
      Combining different voice coil configurations makes it possible to create a better sound intensity distribution across the sound wavefront at high frequencies when directed at the auricle and ear canal.
      ISOPLANAR® DIAPHRAGM MATERIAL
      The diaphragm is manufactured from a custom developed isotropic thermally stabilized polymer with a conductive layer. Through unique processing methods, an ultralight yet rigid diaphragm has been achieved.
      SWITCHBACK COIL
      The switchback coil is more efficient at reproducing lower frequencies and is positioned in the upper part of the driver.
      SPIRAL COIL
      The spiral coil is more efficient at reproducing middle-high frequencies and is positioned directly over the ear canal enabling more direct sound waves to enter the ear without any time delays.

ACCESSORIES
      • Case: High-strength aluminum suitcase with foam inserts
      • Two sets of earpads included: one real leather, one Alcantara
      • Cable
      - 3m OFC cable, 4pin mini XLR plugs ending with 4 pin XLR connector

EMPYREAN TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
      Driver Type: Rinaro Isodynamic Hybrid Array
      Operating Principle: Open
      Ear Coupling: Circumaural
      Frequency Response: 4 - 110,000 Hz
      Impedance: 31,6 Ω
      Nominal SPL: 100 dB (1 mW / 1 kHz)
      Maximum SPL: > 130 dB
      Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): < 0.1%
      Weight: ~ 430 g
      MZ3 DRIVER SPECIFICATIONS
      • PHYSICAL •
      Geometrical Shape: Ovoid
      Size: 102 mm x 73 mm
      Weight: 82 g
      Casing: Fiberglass Infused ABS
      • DIAPHRAGM •
      Type: Rinaro ISOPLANAR®
      Active Area: 4650 mm2
      Weight: 0.16 g
      Accoustic Mass: 10.7 kg/m4
      Lower Frequency Limit: 4 Hz
      Upper-Frequency Limit: 110.000 Hz
      • MAGNET ARRAY •
      Type: Isodynamic
      Size: 75 mm x 49 mm
      Magnetic Flux: 0.35 T

Photos:

More photos to follow.

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.
    • By Monkey4054
      Hi all,

Looking to buy a good condition Final Audio D8000. Please PM me if you have one and want to part with it.

Thanks.

Price Range: Negotiable
      Item Condition: New or Used

• By robes
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: North Ryde State: NSW Payment Method: Cash on Pickup, Paypal Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

Beyerdynamic T51i Portable Headphones - Silver/Black, Mobile phone friendly. 

Enjoy incredible sound with these immaculate headphones. Features 3-button remote control and microphone for smart phone and media playback, Apple compatible.

Comes with carry case and original box. These headphones have hardly ever been used.

They are as new and exactly as received when bought (tiny mark on the silver outer shell of the headphone as purchased and as pictured. The mark was so small that I didn’t think it was worth exchanging when purchased). 

Can post at additional cost. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Klaus220
      Item Condition: excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Merrylands State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal +3%, EFT, cash on pickup Reason for selling: not needed Further information:
      Selling used LCD 2 classic headphones (in excellent condition, it is an open-back headphones)

I purchased this from a fellow SNA member and am the second owner of the headphones.

it comes with its original box(packaging), user guide/warranty USB, 1/4 termination stock cable & certificate of authenticity (with serial no).

I am happy to ship it at agreed cost but shipping won't be cheap.

please feel free to ask any questions via PM   

***please note the headphone stand is not included....***

thank you! 
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Klaus220
      Item Condition: Ok Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Merrylands State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal+3%, EFT, cash on pickup Reason for selling: Not needed Further information:
      Selling used Audio Technica AD2000X headphones (RRP $799).

Purchased from a retailer in NSW, out of warranty though.

it is working perfectly fine, but some wear and tear at the back side of the ear pads (no contact on your ears though)

thanks
      Photos:

PLEASE READ