franktfreo

Bill’s silver cables

Hi

Have had the pleasure of dealing with & purchasing from Bill a pair of his silver cable. 

I thought it might be of interest in sharing the message I sent to Bill with my first impressions 

“Hi Bill

1) the cables fitted perfectly to my speakers.

2) the listening experience so far has been interesting. Definitely better than the Beldens that’s for sure. It took a few tracks to get used to the new sound as never had silver cables in a system before  and probably will still take some to fully appreciate the new sound signature. May also have something to do with my 69 years old ears!

3) the silvers have taken away the fuzziness which I took as a “warm” analogue sound. The sound seems more revealing/realistic & a touch unforgiving. I noticed also placement of instruments/singer seems to be different to what was previously. In some recordings the singer was prominent and now in the background and other recordings it was  reversed. In other recordings it remained the same but more glorious. . 

4)  was pleasantly surprised how female voices/violins/trumpets etc were not screechy or thin at all - in fact were beautiful to listen to. Haven’t had a chance to a have a long listening session yet so don’t Know if listening fatigue will be an issue - I doubt it will. 

5) the bass was fantastic - double bass instruments in my recordInge that I listened were tight/realistic /full & believable. 

6) levels of details are greater - a bit more space between instruments etc. More detail at lower volume levels which is very important to me as living in a flat cannot have the music up loud.

7) I think the silvers has exposed maybe the cheap optical cable I have. Have just ordered an optical cable from Supra a Swedish company which manufactures there own cables etc and appear not outrageously expensive.

So all in all extremely pleased what I have heard so far. I guess it will only get better as the cables are run in which is a mouth watering prospect  indeed!

feel free to share this email with any prospective customers or as a customer review. 

will keep you posted as the cables “mature”!

Cheers & gratitude “

Is this the solid silver interconnect or the new speaker cable?.

Sorry if it should have been obvious.

"1) the cables fitted perfectly to my speakers."

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, JohnL said:

"1) the cables fitted perfectly to my speakers."

20 hours ago, Ozflyer said:

Is this the solid silver interconnect or the new speaker cable?.

Sorry if it should have been obvious.

Was a solid  silver rca ( right angle plug ) to a xlr 

powered speakers I think 

Edited by Bill125812

Hi

Should have sent some photos - my apologies!

Included my present very simple/modest set up.

The present set up is a downsize from what I had in around 2011 - sold it all off.

very happy with my present system especially with the introduction of Bill's silver cables.

wouldn't go back to those earlier days - financially draining and bit of a ego trip trying to keep up with some of 

my hifi mates at the time. It's a game you can't win!.

On the aged pension now so budgeting is my way of life - haha!

DSC06631.JPG.99dc60ab864bd00e4baba5f7c52f77b1.JPGDSC06630.JPG.5257a031717cf83d288e8837fb956dc6.JPGImage-1.thumb.jpeg.f6aa10cea99adfc3f421e4757de13656.jpegImage.thumb.jpeg.98af7d7d2ba0c5f2176c4d1e7d8b5549.jpeg

....my present very simple/modest set up....you like it that is all that matters @franktfreo

1 hour ago, BLAH BLAH said:

....my present very simple/modest set up....you like it that is all that matters @franktfreo

Thank you

it’s more about the music than equipment these days for me! 
I read some where “ good enough is good enough” haha!

I'm currently thinking about re-cabling my entire system with one brand and have been considering various material/construction/brands including home grown solutions like Bills, so very interested in any impressions/thoughts on these. Thanks for the post!