Jone5y

Found: Rear Surrounds

Posted (edited)

Item: 2 rear surrounds speakers for HT system
Price Range: 200-300 ish
Item Condition: preferably used
Extra Info: upgrading from 15+ year old ebay HTIB so don't need to be anything special in order to be an improvement. Will need to have some WAF...

*it seems no commercial speaker is suitable in the looks department so I'll be attempting to work some magic starting from a kit... 

Edited by Jone5y
change in direction

Posted (edited)

Hi, I have. Pair of Mirage OM-R2 rears 

Edited by brabs
Typo

Hi there

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately the wife did not approve of their looks (i fear nothing will be to her satisfaction tbh)

If anything changes I'll get back to you

Steve

Oh dear! Good luck !!

Posted (edited)

I have a couple of KEF 2 way 3001se  series surround speakers , ie. both series 2 with the updated tweeter, one set in a box and the second set on kef stands. Let me know if interested. Also have a compact Definitive Technology sealed Super Cube Sub too that would work well with these speakers.

The speakers can be wall mounted or placed on a flat surface like a shelf by turning the integrated speaker stand around, if you want to use them the larger stands you remove the supplied  speaker stand and attaching it to the larger stand, grills magnetically attach, speakers are made of metal. 8 ohm and have a small port at the back that can be plugged. Stands are quite good and you can feed the cable through the stand post to give it a neat look.

located in metro Sydney.

JDH

FBC7CFBB-8005-458E-89A6-D043D2E417E7.jpeg

5354E507-1C02-4366-9D2E-CF877B62E52C.jpeg

3C11FBAA-B7D4-4396-8CAD-289DECC253C3.jpeg

4DEA7C81-3B3F-468E-8F83-F16FB35C0634.jpeg

Edited by jdh500

I thought they may have got the nod but alas, no 😞

Maybe get a pair of in-walls?

5 minutes ago, Jone5y said:

I thought they may have got the nod but alas, no 😞

I could paint them white :)

John

After some discussion it has been decided that a repainting or veneering can be used to make almost any speaker match the decor plans. This was my plan all along but has taken some time to get approved. Unfortunately the shape of the KEF's was too funky. The speakers will reside on a shelf in an area bound by brick, which makes in-wall impossible.

I've got some mission MD7x rears that hang on the wall, not in the wall, they're just hooked like you'd hang up a painting. They are actually very attractive. light grey in colour.

Ceiling speakers Perhaps, but will probably sound like crap, but I’m guessing this is not the primary criteria ?

JDH

Ceiling is exposed rafters that slopes up to 4.5m high so yes, sound wouldn't be ideal and installation a nightmare. 

They are 'just' surrounds so sound quality isn't as crucial as the fronts,  but it still matters (to me)

Sent you some photos of T&A Talis 

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)