SOLD: FS: Bowers & Wilkins DM22 Loudspeakers Perth

SOLD
Item Condition: Good condition
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: North Fremantle
State: Western Australia
Payment Method:
Reason for selling: Too many speakers

"Price Reduced" 

Vintage audiophile loudspeakers made in the UK between 1981 to 1985

These speakers are rarely offered for sale. The 8 inch bass drivers have a laminated fiber/ploymer composition providing far less resonance. The 1 inch tweetter is the same unit used in the high end B&W 801 studio reference monitor.

Specifications:

Type: 2 way, 2 driver loudspeaker system
Frequency Response: 70Hz to 20kHz
Recommended Amplifier: 10 to 100W
Impedance: 8Ω
Sensitivity: 87dB
Bass: 1 x 160mm cone
Tweeter: 1 x 26mm polyester weave dome
Enclosure: sealed
Finish: teak
Dimensions: 504 x 254 x 254mm
Weight: 9.3kg

These are truly superb speakers that are ideal for vinyl lovers. 
The drivers are in excellent condition.  There is some slight discolouration on the veneer under the covers and a little bit of wear on the cloth corners on the top but really not that bad considering their age.
Selling because I now mainly listen to digital music and I have recently purchased new smaller bookshelf speakers.

Photos:

$_20-3.JPG

$_20-2.JPG

$_20-4.JPG

$_20-8.JPG

$_20-5.JPG

$_20-6.JPG

$_20-7.JPG

Edited by Yamaholic
Price reduced

On 13/05/2020 at 10:46 AM, allthumbs said:

I've always curious about the Yamaha NS-B series & the Soavo series, they look great but I have never heard them.  I just wonder if they are sleeping giants.  Yamaha is a reputable company with a great history, still developing new products, so I just wonder.

Anybody here heard them?

I recently purchased the Yamaha NS B901 Soavo book shelf speakers from Clef HiFi for $999 (RRP $2399) with free delivery.  I  was impressed with the floorstanding F901.  The B901s have basically the same mid/bass and tweeter. Awesome looking and sounding speakers.  I think the soavos are significantly under rated, most people want UK speakers but I can assure you the build quality from Indonesia is first class plus the range has 10years warranty.  When I first hooked them up they sounded a bit bright but after several hours of use, the clarity and accuracy is simply superb.  In a large room, they probably need a sub woofer.  I'm using them with a Yamaha A-S700 in a small room and they have ample bass.

Edited by Yamaholic
  • Like 1