FS: Jorma Prime xlr cables 1.0 mtrs

Item Condition: Excellent 9/10
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: South Yarra
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT or cash on pickup
Reason for selling: NLR due to down-sizing

Further information:

Up for sale is this pair of 1.0mtr Jorma Prime xlr's which I am selling for a friend, so the rest of the ad is in his words. This was one of two pairs I purchased from my local authorised Jorma Dealer. I originally bought this 2nd pair as I planned to move to separates, but ended up keeping my Vitus SIA-025 integrated instead. So I am offering this lightly used pair to a discrerning audiophile.

Jorma cables were originally made in Gothenburg, Sweden by cable guru Jorma Kosky who fastidiously built these cables. Sadly Jorma passed away a couple of years ago, but the business was taken over by Jorma's good friend, Leif Mårten Olofsson of Marten Speakers who continue to make Jorma cables in Sweden, and have even expanded their range.

I have to say as a seasoned audiophile of almost 30 years, Jorma cables hooked me like no other cables at their price point. I've owned a full loom of Jorma Origo and Jorma Prime cables, and now added Jorma Statement speaker cables. Generally speaking, as you move up the Jorma line, you get more of everything; more resolution, harmonic richness, a bigger sound stage etc. In terms of tonality, Origo is neutral, Prime is warm and Statement is again neutral. If I had to choose one word to describe the sound of Jorma cables, it would be "natural".

I've found a good balance in my system using Jorma Prime xlr's and pc's, and Statement sc's. Prime sounds warm, harmonically rich, resolving, yet smooth and has a nice musical 'flow'. There is a warmth and liquid flow to the music imbued by the Bybee Slipstream Golden Quantum Purifiers. Having come from Origo (sans Bybees) to Prime, I have to say i'm now a believer. Prime also nails the midrange. Vocals and jazz are particularly well served.

From Jorma:

Prime cables are made of top-quality materials: gold, the purest possible copper, transparent Teflon, ceramic fibres and walnut, all fine-tuned to get their best possible result. The cables have completely new conductors that were developed, by a small European producer that really had to push its limits. It took more than half a year before they even were able to produce the first test batch. The cables also make use of Bybee Slipstream Golden Quantum Purifiers.

Link to reviews:

https://www.dagogo.com/jorma-prime-interconnect-and-speaker-cable-review/
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue24/jorma_prime.htm
https://audiofederation.com/blog/2006/05/27/jorma-design-prime-interconnect-2

A note about shipping:

I will ship this item double-boxed with Signature on Delivery Australia-wide, or local pickup is welcome. The current MSRP for these cables is $13kAUD, so the price is firm. No trades. If paying by Paypal, the buyer pays the Paypal fee. The S/N is stamped on the polished brass plate on each cable, so provenance may be confirmed with Jorma Design. A donation will be made to SNA upon completion of the sale. Any questions, just ask.

Photos:

IMG_0700.JPG

IMG_1963.JPG

IMG_1964_1.JPG

IMG_E8865.JPG

IMG_E8866.JPG

IMG_E8867.JPG

IMG_E8868.JPG

IMG_E8869.JPG

IMG_E8870.JPG

Edited by Tom Z
  • Love 1