Jump to content

hammer193

Linn Adikt belly touching record

Recommended Posts

Greetings. Occasionally the belly of my Adikt cart scrapes the intro of a 180g record. Today I raised the Ittok arm a few mm and it has alleviated the issue, there anything I’m missing here ? The arm still looks horizontal when playing so the adjustment was slight.  It seems to be pretty logical and an easy fix but would appreciate some thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, hammer193 said:

Greetings. Occasionally the belly of my Adikt cart scrapes the intro of a 180g record. Today I raised the Ittok arm a few mm and it has alleviated the issue, there anything I’m missing here ? The arm still looks horizontal when playing so the adjustment was slight.  It seems to be pretty logical and an easy fix but would appreciate some thoughts.

 

I would say you've fixed your problem, h!  :thumb:

 

When you say "The arm still looks horizontal when playing " does the Ittok have a tapered tube ... or a straight tube?  If the latter, then 2 easy ways to tell whether it is horizontal or not are:

  1. buy a protractor which is a block of perspex with horizontal lines ruled on it; place this on top of the LP, parallel to your Ittok ... and see whether the arm tube is the same distance away from the line above - and the line below - for the length of the perspex.  Sorry, I forget the name of this protractor device.  :(
  2. get some graph paper - say 80mm x 80mm - and bend the bottom 20mm of this piece of paper at right angles ... so the graph paper can stand vertically.  Then draw horizontal lines every 5mm on the graph paper - and place the paper on top of the LP.

Andy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use a line level and sit it on the arm

They are very light and you put it near the bearing 

If this has just started to occur maybe the suspension is starting to sag

Time will tell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, andyr said:

...  2.  buy a protractor which is a block of perspex with horizontal lines ruled on it; place this on top of the LP, parallel to your Ittok ... and see whether the arm tube is the same distance away from the line above - and the line below - for the length of the perspex.  Sorry, I forget the name of this protractor device.  :(...

That would be something like this, commonly sold as an azimuth alignment, from eBay/China...

 

s-l1600.jpg&key=35e4419ccde93a15fa48894d

Edited by audiofeline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, audiofeline said:

That would be something like this, commonly available from eBay/China...

 

s-l1600.jpg&key=35e4419ccde93a15fa48894d

 

Correct!  :thumb:  (Although mine is a. slightly different and b. from the US.)

 

Andy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, andyr said:

...Then draw horizontal lines every 5mm on the graph paper...

You must be buying the wrong graph paper, mine comes pre ruled, horizontally and vertically 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, pwstereo said:

You must be buying the wrong graph paper, mine comes pre ruled, horizontally and vertically 🤣

By definition, it isn't graph paper if it doesn't have the horizontal and vertical lines already on it. Perhaps @andyr is talking about the papyrus version ;) 

Edited by Telecine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, pwstereo said:

You must be buying the wrong graph paper, mine comes pre ruled, horizontally and vertically 🤣

 

Of course it has lines drawn in it, PW ... but they are very light lines.  :o

 

9 minutes ago, Telecine said:

By definition, it isn't graph paper if it doesn't have the horizontal and vertical lines already on it. Perhaps @andyr is talking about the papyrus version ;) 

 

Now that would be an interesting concept, John.  Maybe the ancient Egyptions invented graph paper (obviously on papyrus) to build their pyramids?  :)

 

Andy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, andyr said:

Maybe the ancient Egyptions invented graph paper (obviously on papyrus) to build their pyramids?

No I think they used big blocks of stone to do that 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aussievintage said:

No I think they used big blocks of stone to do that 😜

 

Smart*rse - I should've typed 'plan'!  :lol:

 

Andy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check your vtf too....

Maybe the suspension has failed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


On 19/07/2020 at 9:05 PM, TOPSHELF said:

Check your vtf too....

Maybe the suspension has failed?

Not always. I have an EPC205cmk3 which forum says suspension fails and internet experts say the suspension they used crumbles. Not true. I pulled mine apart (I fix and retip carts.) the suspension was fine but the tie string was loose probably stretched over the years so all posts on this problem from internet experts are wrong, truth is the EPC mk3 has a silk like thread that stretches nothing to do with suspension. Suspension can fail but much less often than some would have you believe (yes it happens though).

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Classifieds Statistics


    Currently Active Ads

    Total Sales (Since 2018)

    Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

    Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...