FS: Osborn Titan Elite Speakers with beautiful Bubinga gloss finish. Stands included.

Item Condition: Excellent - Suit new buyer
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Manly
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: PayPal Friend, EFT or Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: No longer required

Further information:

For sale is a pair of Osborn Titan Elite speakers with custom made stands. These would suit new buyer. There is just a hairline scratch on top of one of the speakers which the camera didn’t pick up, other than that they are in really excellent condition. I bought these from Greg Osborn in March this year and have been very happy with them but need to move them on now. The speaker stands were made for the Titans by Anthony at Grizzlyworks and are also in excellent condition. They are about 38cm high, putting the speakers at a good listening level.

Local pickup only at this stage. Will consider shipping if no local interest.

Below is relevant text from the Osborn Loudspeakers website.

The all new Titan is re-released after 8 years of searching for the perfect components to replace the previous model, that was reviewed in the USA by Bound for Sound Magazine as the best small speaker in the world.

The huge, powerful soundstage is just unbelievable. It is a musical joy which gives big speaker performance where there just isn’t room for a big speaker.

The Titan uses the Osborn Reference lead lining where the inside of the speaker is lined in a heavy felt, heavy sheet lead, heavy felt sandwich virtually eliminating cabinet vibrations and resonances.   It also utilises one of the finest tweeters in the world, usually found in speakers costing 10 times as much, and uses the absolute best crossover components available and the only criteria in their selection is their towering performance.  Every Titan comes only as an Elite version and in gloss finish. 

The new 7"mid bass is a patented specially treated paper sandwich.  The driver uses a compact under-hung motor systems with large neodymium ring magnets. The patent pending motor offers a very long linear excursion together with a very high force factor. 
The back is shaped to duct the airflow around the motor and with the very open cast-aluminium chassis design the driver is virtually free from compression and any turbulence type distortions.  It is known as the "Best of the best" and it really is giving the speaker an even more impressive bass performance and an absolutely sublime vocal rendition.

It is this minimal compromise approach which results in stunning sound quality. Only the best quality Turntable/CD Player and Amplifiers were used in the design of these speakers. It is this attention to detail and no-compromise approach which allows these speakers to achieve their design goals. They are very easy to drive and do not present any difficult loads to amplifiers. "Super Amps" are not required. Modest power, high quality amplifiers are recommended. They perform exceptionally well with smaller valve and single ended amplifiers. They are designed to perform their best within about 20 to 30 cm from the back wall, so are perfect for bench or shelf placement. They also have such an incredible dispersion, that they do not need to be toed in.  Every position in the room has a perfect soundstage.

These speakers have a number of outstanding features - The ability to separate instruments and place them firmly on a sound stage of exceptional width and depth: The instruments retain their correct pitch, tone and shimmer: Dynamic range and speed unmatched by few, if any speakers in their size and price range and the ability of drums to retain most of their impact and depth.

DIMENSIONS:  260 X 370 X 460 mm (WxDxH)

WEIGHT:   25.5kg each.

EFFICIENCY: 89 db for 1 watt at 1 meter.

Mid/BASS: 180mm patented treated paper Cone. 42mm voice coil with Neodymium magnet.

FREQ. RESPONSE: 35 to 25000 Hz +/- 2 db. –10 db points 30 and 28000 Hz

CROSSOVER POINTS: 3700 Hz @ 6 db/octave.

MINIMUM IMPEDANCE: 4 Ohm at 200 Hz.

MAXIMUM Rec. POWER: 100 Watts R.M.S per Channel.

Rec. Min: 10 Watts per Channel.

Rec. Ideal: 30 - 100 Watts per Channel.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

SAM_1364.JPG

SAM_1353.JPG

SAM_1354.JPG

SAM_1355.JPG

SAM_1356.JPG

SAM_1357.JPG

SAM_1359.JPG

SAM_1360.JPG

SAM_1361.JPG

SAM_1362.JPG

• Like 2

Guest deanB
51 minutes ago, Honreekea said:

love the bar heater in the foreground  ?

glws

Well spotted. Another prime example of less is more.

2 hours ago, Timv said:

Hi Dacman. Thanks for the comments. The stuff on the wall is of course mould. Doesn't seem to be doing too much harm.

Regards, Tim

i know mate i was just kidding but i really do like your set up i bet it sounds awesome...i would keep the osborns

2 hours ago, jamiebosco said:

Wow ...some very nice drivers in these too, looks like ScanSpeak Illuminator woofers, with Seas Excel tweeters (?)

I agree, very nice drivers in there.  I heard it from Greg's place and IMHO, it sounds bigger compare to its size.  I have Troels ekta mkII running the same midwoofer driver and it sounds wonderful.  Those Seas tweeter is T25CF002....I think Greg is using T29CF002 for his reference setup.  

GLWTS.  

Edited by Asedillo