SOLD: FS: Burson SS Opamp V5i Dual x 2 (1 pair)

Item Condition: Brand New
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Chatswood
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information: Brand new with original box and packaging. Accidentally bought more than I actually needed.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

20200710_144459.jpg

20200710_144547.jpg

• Love 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pdcoo7
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Mosman State: NSW Payment Method: PayPal as friend or add 3%, PayID, Cash on pick up Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

The Burson Conductor 160D Retailed for $2500 AUD / $1850 USD new and is one of Burson's first Pre-amp/DAC's after making and selling discrete op-amps on eBay. 

The DAC has 2 analog inputs and 2 spdif (One standard RCA coax and 1 TOSLink 24bit/192khz) Maximum sample rate is 192khz/24bit. And 1 USB Type-B port. The pre-amp can be used to power headphones or setting the gain with the 3 gain controls.

It includes a stepping rotor switch-selectable resistor volume control, and with time, these begin to make a popping sound when the volume is changed.
      I recently had my techno remove the volume pot and treat it with a De-Ox-It equivalent effectively eliminating it.

The sound quality is very detailed, and justifies a high-quality USB cable such as curious cable or TOSlink optical cable as an alternative will give excellent results. In addition, It has a Terra Firma clock upgrade worked on by Joe Rasmussen. You can Google search him he comes up on the first page. The DAC chip used is an ESS Technologies Sabre 9018.

Burson also has an ASIO driver on their website for an apple style sound on Windows 8/10.

Review here for reference: https://darko.audio/2012/09/burson-audio-prep-successor-to-ha-160d-the-conductor/

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    • By indy500
      Item: Burson Conductor 3X or 3XP
      Price Range:  negotiable depending on condition/model
      Item Condition: Used
      Extra Info: Looking to buy a used Burson Conductor dac/amp. Based in Sydney and happy to pay shipping costs.

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. 
    • By Johnny Golden
      Item Condition: 9/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Australind State: Western Australia Payment Method: Paypal, Cash, Bank Transfer Reason for selling: Upgraded Further information:
      Purchased earlier this year from Addicted to Audio. After 2 weeks of ownership word reached of a discounted Burson Conductor V2+. I kept this only as a backup. Has not been used for more than a few hours. Selling to fund other equipment purchases on SNA.

Even with the standard op-amps I was amazed how close this sounds to my Conductor. It actually has a slightly warmer sound that I preferred with my T90's (I stick to tubes with these). It's 2 watts of Class A power are plenty for most dynamic and Planar headphones and powered everything in my collection well.

Condition is excellent, other than a bit of dust from sitting on my desk unused. Comes in all original packaging with all accessories, including some surprisingly good RCA cables.

Happy to ship anywhere in Australia included in the price. If you want express post I will be happy to cover some of the cost.

Please feel free to contact me should you want any more information.
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
    • By lenticularis
      Item Condition: Used - extremely good condition Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Canberra State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By digitalformula
      Hi all,

First post here, so hopefully you don't mind me asking this.

I have the Burson Conductor 3 headphone amp/DAC and the Campfire Audio Cascade over-ear headphones.

I really like the combo and it sounds great to my ears but there are a bunch of settings on the Conductor 3 - I have no idea what they mean.  Lol.

Setup as follows:

- PC is the only audio source
      - USB connection using the cable that came with the Conductor 3
      - Kubuntu Linux 20.04
      - PulseAudio disabled
      - ALSA controlling everything
      - No EQs setup (partly because I haven't yet tried, partly because I'm not sure I need to even bother)
      - Streaming either via Google Play Music set to highest quality or local FLAC files

In a setup like this, which isn't top-end but also isn't totally crappy, is there any point messing with the settings on the Conductor 3?

To be honest, the manual for the Conductor 3 is utter garbage and doesn't even include anything about half the settings (let alone getting stuck into talking about the typos and grammatical errors).

The ESS9038 DAC that's in the Conductor 3 has a bunch of reference material available but I don't know enough about that side of things to know if they're worth messing with.

Even opinions say "Nah mate don't bother with that" would be fine.  Just want to make sure I'm getting the best experience possible with the setup I have. 

Thanks!