WTB: Auralic Aries Femto with PSU

DanFi

Item: any auralic server preferably one with PSU. 
Price Range: depends on type but around 1100 for one in title. Or a bit more for newer versions. 
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info: good condition if possible. 

thanks 

Pm if you think you have somthing of interest. 

Edited by DanFi

I dabbled with Roon for a couple of weeks, however I'm very satisfied with Lightning DS. SQ was slightly better with LDS as I recall.

Lightning DS is excellent with its control over the various setup and processor options as well as the library. 

I have an old iPhone 5 or 6 that does fine and I also bought a used iPad Air 2 for $200 or so that gives a bigger screen.

Edited by lenticularis
Commented on LDS/Roon SQ
  • Like 1

Will be interesting I think. Recently listened to a very high end setup with a server outputting from roon. Was not very good compared to the playing the same song from cd. 

I was told jplay has now fixed the room output but made me curious about the native playback of devices such as auralic rather than using it as an endpoint. 

You can only assume they have troubleshooted and made it to work perfectly with their own player. 

Also saves a subscription as well. 

• Like 1

Yes, also their latest firmware introduced (zero cost to owners) CD play/rip by the Aries, using humble USB-powered CD/DVD drives. I use a $100 LG with a powered USB hub if I ever want to do that, instead of say dBpoweramp ripping on computer. SQ is the same and metadata is also stored.

(This Auralic Community thread refers: 

https://community.auralic.com/t/firmware-7-x-cd-playback-ripping/5846 )

Edited by lenticularis
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DanFi said:

...Recently listened to a very high end setup with a server outputting from roon. Was not very good compared to the playing the same song from cd. 

I was told jplay has now fixed the room output but made me curious about the native playback of devices such as auralic rather than using it as an endpoint. 

You can only assume they have troubleshooted and made it to work perfectly with their own player...

Of course the Aries is just a streamer/bridge; you still need a DAC. I use a Gieseler Klein III with Clay's additional top linear PSU and with or without Kraftwerk LPSU the combo of Aries and Klein is brilliant. I know that Clay G also uses Aries streamer.

• Like 3

I too have an Aries Femto, and can easily recommend it - very happy with mine. I use it connected through digital SPIDIF to my Meridian DSP speakers, and run completely on WiFi. No issues with Tidal streaming or accessing music on USB flash drive. I control it using the Lightning DS app on an iPad. You can also use BubbleUPnP or the Linn/Lumin apps if you want to use an Andriod interface.

I've seen these go for anything between $1100-$1300 in the classifieds here. Good luck with getting one....

Edited by anandpkumar
  • Like 2

Hi All,  I have an Aries Femto with the upgraded Power supply and original Packaging that I am happy to sell to any fellow members that are interested for $1000 plus freight.

The Aries is a fantastic streamer/ bridge and will play music directly from a USB drive, I used a one Terabyte portable drive plugged in directly which is nice and simple and does not require any fancy networking to get a working system.

I upgraded to a Melco with inbuilt drives which is a masterpiece in itself,  so the Aries has been sitting around looking for an owner.

36 minutes ago, U_J said:

Hi All,  I have an Aries Femto with the upgraded Power supply and original Packaging that I am happy to sell to any fellow members that are interested for $1000 plus freight.

The Aries is a fantastic streamer/ bridge and will play music directly from a USB drive, I used a one Terabyte portable drive plugged in directly which is nice and simple and does not require any fancy networking to get a working system.

I upgraded to a Melco with inbuilt drives which is a masterpiece in itself,  so the Aries has been sitting around looking for an owner.

Sent PM