Decent HT receiver in 2020

Looks like my Denon is about to cark it.  Just like my old Marantz 7300OSE my Denon 4310 is showing signs that the main board is failing.  The power standby switch is non responsive, it just comes on with the main power switch,  and the audio had bursts of white noise last night ( all channels, but audio was still present). It took a couple of reboots to clear it.  

My movie watching has dropped off dramatically but I still like the odd movie and have a modest collection.  I need the sweet spot for decent sound and power for B&W804 at the rear.  The Denon was fine and if I recall correctly was the lower “ made in Japan” model. Has the world changed that dramatically in the past 5 years while I have been focusing elsewhere?  I assume the trend of cutting corners has continued.

Edited by Briz Vegas

B&W 804s ? id be powering with a decent rotel amp at least....

what is rest of the system ? is a processor all you need coupled with a 2ch rotel for your rears ? 

It’s really a 2 channel system with HT as a legacy thing.   The front end is a valve 2 channel setup. Conrad Johnson LP70s and CT5  running a pair of Vivid B1s all tuned to within an inch of its life.  I have decent HT gear as well, Rel Strat 5 sub and Sony projector.  The receiver only needs to power the rears.  The 4310 seemed to do a decent job until recently.  It’s a four channel setup and I can’t imagine an 11 channel receiver will be much chop unless I pay more than I want to.

Is NAD still doing decent gear?  In the past I have always bought last years model to get better value.  I still like music/ concert videos.  I don’t want to go too cheap either. I just realised, my Denon is about 10 years old.  Not bad for a consumer level product. Ihate throw away gear.

34 minutes ago, Briz Vegas said:

It’s really a 2 channel system with HT as a legacy thing.   The front end is a valve 2 channel setup. Conrad Johnson LP70s and CT5  running a pair of Vivid B1s all tuned to within an inch of its life.  I have decent HT gear as well, Rel Strat 5 sub and Sony projector.  The receiver only needs to power the rears.  The 4310 seemed to do a decent job until recently.  It’s a four channel setup and I can’t imagine an 11 channel receiver will be much chop unless I pay more than I want to.

Is NAD still doing decent gear?  In the past I have always bought last years model to get better value.  I still like music/ concert videos.  I don’t want to go too cheap either. I just realised, my Denon is about 10 years old.  Not bad for a consumer level product. Ihate throw away gear.

I'd skip the AVRs then. grab a suitable rotel power amp for the 804's and an av processor can feed the signal to the 2ch rig to power the mains ...

nad is still doing decent gear...but gone up in ranks.... and again you would be buying and paying a lot for a receiver with a lot of power for many channels you just won't use...

what od you need to feed it for source ? is it anything fancy ...otehrwise even a good quality ut back catalog av processor would do.... and there are usually some nice ones always coming up ...