FS: Auralic Aries Femto Server with external Auralic Linear PSU

Item Condition: Very Good
Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Adelaide
State: South Australia
Payment Method: PayPal
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information:  

Hi I’m selling a Auralic Aries Femto Streamer with seperate Auralic Ultra Low Noise Linear PSU. Complete with original packaging so interstate courier is welcome.

The player functions perfectly - it has a few small cosmetic marks which are hardly noticeable once in the Audio Rack.

Auralic Aries Femto serves as a ‘bridge’ between music files on network storage or high quality online streaming services and the consumers’ DAC — enabling DACs for the first time to stream high-resolution music quickly and wirelessly in virtually any sampling rate, including DSD, Double-Rate DSD and DXD.

The inputs of ARIES include Dual-Band high-speed WiFi, Gigabit Ethernet and USB 2.0 port. The outputs are USB audio host buffered by Auralics patented ActiveUSB™ technology; low jitter digital audio outputs: AES/EBU, Coaxial and Toslink. The USB audio host can deliver PCM from 44.1 to 384 KHz at 16-, 24- and 32-bit resolutions as well as DSD, Double-Rate DSD for compatible USB DAC. The other digital outputs are limited to 192 KHz at 24-bit in maximum according to S/PDIF standard.

Auralic Aries Femto is bundled with Auralic's Lightning DS App. The App has the capability to fully control Aries Femto to browse your music libraries on your network-attached storage (NAS), to stream high quality music content from service providers like Tidal, Qobuz and WiMP, to control the playback and to select the hardware settings such as output channel and WiFi network, etc. The App also supports Songcast, a music distribution service that allows users to map computer’s sound to any Lightning-equipped system and to map sound between different Lightning systems in the house and streaming sound though Apple AirPlay and Roon.
  • Supported files: AAC, AIFF, ALAC, APE, DIFF, DSF, FLAC, MP3, OGG, WAV, WV and WMA
  • Sampling Rates: PCM in 44.1Khz - 384Khz op 16 - 32bits, DSD64, DSD128, DSD256
  • Control Software: Auralic Lightning DS, OpenHome compatible software
  • Media Server Compatibility: Minimserver Twonky Asset UPnP JRiver, DLNA/UPnP compatible server software
  • Inputs: RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet, Dual-Band WiFi, USB 2.0 High-Speed for an external drive
  • Outputs: USB 2.0 High-Speed compatible DAC, Coaxial, AES-EBU, Toslink

manufacturer Auralic
connector(s) USB-A, Toslink, Coaxial, AES-EBU, RJ/E (Cat 7)

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

BF15DC22-C165-4C86-B12C-99C3AB2E8AD0.jpeg

82A584DB-7FAE-478E-898B-C0E55B5654E5.jpeg

624152AE-4501-48D1-A368-8363F3C30659.jpeg

7ADBC412-539E-48DE-BE8D-A454EE2AE381.jpeg

0828A084-17FC-4E8A-87D0-78AF043A0DB2.jpeg

02D3AE24-0BD6-4F44-B8B4-4C6C973A7D7A.jpeg

1AE3E5BE-A609-4A44-862E-24B12536CAA5.jpeg

Edited by scribble
Extra photos
  • Like 1

Fantastic streamer for not a lot money. With good USB chain to the dac  it will perform at a high level. Wifi is Auralics recommended connection to the network which suits my setup perfectly, and the Lightning DS UI is one of the best going. 

• Like 1

...and the latest couple of firmware upgrades have introduced upsampling and a 5 band parametric equaliser. Either effective or just fun to fiddle with but certainly gives you an idea of the potential of DSP.

• Like 1

...also latest firmware has the added functionality of playing and/or ripping CDs through the Aries, using a simple computer CD/DVD drive, either self-powered, or using a USB hub. Rips to 44.1/16 FLAC format, with metadata.

• Like 2

On 07/07/2020 at 4:51 PM, dolphy said:

Yes, they did. I never used it.

I use BubblePnP to conrol the Aries. Best money I spent. 

i have had a look for an android Auralic App

nothing there  ??

i see the bubblepnp, so for 5.99, i bought it