SOLD: FS: Apogee Duetta Signature & Symo speaker cabless

SOLD
Item Condition: Good
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Sydney Hills District
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup etc
Reason for selling: Moved on

Further information:

Pair of Apogee Duetta Signature full range ribbon speakers in good condition.

Incredible sound stage, openness and clarity on vocals. Totally outperforms Magnepan 3.7i.

Have been well taken care of in a smoke and pet free environment. Never played loud, only normal listening levels, and all the ribbons are in perfect working condition, with no dings and no dents on them at all. 

Also included is a pair of bi-wired Symo speaker cables which have been considered as a perfect match for Apogees.

Local pick up preferred but I can ship at buyer’s expense and risk. The speakers must lay flat for transportation, and a mini-van will be perfect for transportation use.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post separate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Ittaku said:

Ho boy, these are the speakers I've never gotten over. Good luck with the sale, but you're gonna miss them when they're gone.

Thanks mate. As a matter of fact my wife is more emotionally attached to them LOL.  She helped me carry them home and she loves that wall of sound.

1 hour ago, Rosco8 said:

Unfortunately have never had the chance to hear a pair ... they are intriguing ... I have the Apogee hybrids, Slant 6 and 8's, which I luv'   

GLWS

All Apogees sound fabulous! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Masseey said:

Great Speakers, GLWS

May I know the  pre pro combo used for this speaker?

Currently using a Ayon S10 Signature (DAC+Pre) and a pair of Aesthetix Atlas Monos. Sound is amazing!

• Thanks 1

You should mention that we have Graz up on the Sunshine Coast who is one of the formost experts and restorers on Apogee speakers in the world.  I purchased new ribbons from him for my Slant 6's.

Apogees typically take some grunt to drive and I have had wonderful results matched with a Sugden 90w @4 ohm, Parasound  315w @4ohms, Accuphase A70 120w @4 ohms and currently using a Bryston sst2 528w @4 ohm on the Slant 8.  So suggest match with amps that can handle low ohm loads.

Edited by Rosco8
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rosco8 said:

You should mention that we have Graz up on the Sunshine Coast who is one of the formost experts and restorers on Apogee speakers in the world.  I purchased new ribbons from him for my Slant 6's.

Apogees typically take some grunt to drive and I have had wonderful results matched with a Sugden 90w @4 ohm, Parasound  315w @4ohms, Accuphase A70 120w @4 ohms and currently using a Bryston sst2 528w @4 ohm on the Slant 8.  So suggest match with amps that can handle low ohm loads.

Thanks mate, well said!

2 hours ago, Bigmattyevans said:

It's alright. I've just found out a member of my audio group has a pair of Apogees that he is selling locally, so I'm going go with them. GLWTS. Matt

LOL, Matt, you are replying a pm in a for sale ad...GLWTP.

2 minutes ago, Ittaku said:

The temptation is getting to me, but the shipping is scary. Want to get a vague quote for a realistic safe shipping cost to Melbourne? Thanks.

If you shop around at different Pack Send stores I reckon $600-$1000 to pick up, package and freight with insurance.

Edited by kelossus
  • Like 1

I have had numerous Apogee models in the past.

If these had been in the West they would have been in my room by now. 

If I though they could be transported over here safely, I would be tempted but I don't know of any way that could be done.

GLWS they deserve to be loved.

Ken

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ittaku said:

Ho boy, these are the speakers I've never gotten over. Good luck with the sale, but you're gonna miss them when they're gone.

Now is your chance to have a pair again.

1 minute ago, PKay said:

Now is your chance to have a pair again.

I've measured my room 20 times today, and I simply cannot fit them in here.

Edited by Ittaku

Thanks guys for all your interest. The Apogees have now found a new home! I probably will regret it one day but I’m glad that they will be in good hands. My affair with planars has now officially ended. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ittaku said:

The temptation is getting to me, but the shipping is scary. Want to get a vague quote for a realistic safe shipping cost to Melbourne? Thanks.

Packing and shipping for these are very tricky. I purchased a pair and got shipped from Melbourne to Brisbane back 2005. From memory, I paid $350. They were wrapped up completely but still arrived with broken side panel and a crease in one ribbon but still worked. They are quite heavy and must be transported upright.  Also, they are power hungry. Back then, only the Gryphon DM100 and the Krell KAS mono could feed them and they were unbeatable. GLWS