Pioneer A-09 Pure Class A Integrated Amp

Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Narre Warren South
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Any
Reason for selling: Upgrade

Further information:

Regretful sale of my rare gorgeous Pioneer A-09. 

This really is an exclusive which was the hi-end division for Pioneer at the time. This was imported from Japan at considerable cost. I paid $3250. Proof of purchase available to any serious potential buyer. It is in amazing condition. I would rate it a solid 9/10. There have been a couple for sale over the last few years but none in this condition. Pure class A at it’s finest. I lusted over one of these for years. It sounds just superb on my JBL’s and can go to silly levels....can just about drive any speaker out there. Price is firm and I won’t be going any lower as I think it’s miles ahead of anything in it’s price range. 480000y in 1992 makes it quite expensive in its day.  

Last picture sourced online. Couldn’t get a good enough one of mine. 

http://www.thevintageknob.org/pioneer-A-09.html

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

6834ABE0-F639-4556-AD9C-C3BAB7F31F06.jpeg

2107251E-61CC-4A2C-AC63-45A33F7262EA.png

8591ADE8-D978-4454-B45D-88B6FCC440A4.jpeg

4EE94F42-01DD-457E-A047-A0A0344F79C0.jpeg

C7870F49-A1EE-4202-8734-B6F9C29F260C.png

Edited by romekaff
pic
  • Like 9
  • Love 2

Could you please clarify the power input requirements for this amp, ie is it 240V or 110? If it is 240, was the modification done at the factory or elsewhere?

Also, I know my eyesight is not what it used to be, but I cannot see a power input socket anywhere.

Thanks.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gemini07 said:

Could you please clarify the power input requirements for this amp, ie is it 240V or 110? If it is 240, was the modification done at the factory or elsewhere?

Also, I know my eyesight is not what it used to be, but I cannot see a power input socket anywhere.

Thanks.

Zooming in on the rear photo shows that it is a 220-230v unit, unusually power cord connection must be under the machine?

Very nice looking amplifier and, glwts.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, gemini07 said:

Thanks.

As my ad says it’s a Japanese import. Step down will be supplied as well. Power cord is located under the unit. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, betty boop said:

@romekaff please clarify re photos. Note it is a requirement that items sold pictures are of actual unit.if can’t be updated to reflect would need to pull the ad. [End moderator post ]

The last pic showing the rear of the amp was sourced online as I couldn’t get a good enough shot of mine.  Happy to remove the last pic if need be. Just gives potential buyers an idea on what the rear looks like. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, romekaff said:

The last pic showing the rear of the amp was sourced online as I couldn’t get a good enough shot of mine.  Happy to remove the last pic if need be. Just gives potential buyers an idea on what the rear looks like. 

Just clarify that’s the case in initial post with that last pic and leave it at that :)  

it’s an awesome unit, wish well with the sale

• Like 2

This is one of Pioneer's best ever!  A friend of mine has one of these gorgeous things and I love the sound of it. The sound stage is wide and presents with plenty of depth. The midrange sounds velvety smooth, coupled with glistening highs and strong, well controlled, never bloated bass and all without a hint of ever being strained. This amp effortlessly produces amazing, highly smooth and sophisticated sound with excellent clarity and transparency - a real testimony to the great engineering work of Pioneer's engineers. A startling appearance to cap it all off, makes this amp fully worth the out-lay. My only criticism, if  you could call it that, is that this amp will show up any bad sound engineering in any source but; it will reward you highly when playing  anything of  substantial quality. To me its simple, if this was my amp I would be hanging on to it. Amps of this quality only come around once in a blue moon. Have a think about it before letting it go buddy.

• Like 1