FS: Bel Canto Refstream Network Renderer

Item Condition: used
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Cremorne
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: Paypal +3% or as friend, COD, DD
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information: 

The Bel Canto REFStream Asynchronous Ethernet Renderer does only one thing and has only one LED light on the front panel to tell you if its off or streaming. Doesn't get simpler than that, BUT what is does do, it does better than anything else I've tried so far. (tried Aurilec Aries mini, Sonicorbiter, MicroRendu, SotM SM200, Vortexbox)

It gets music files  from anywhere on your network via a DLNA or uPnP server and "renders" it as the best possible digital file to present to your DAC. Still retails locally for around $4K. I will include a 3m fibre optic cable with the ST connector as well as a high grade Kordz Quantum silver digital true 75Ohm BNC-BNC cable with RCA adapters. (worth about $100)

Photos: UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4d7.jpg.76ced67dbc40457599ceb1acb3cceb66.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4d8.jpg.4dbbc803483241bed834e64a84ef5e61.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4d9.jpg.0e86fb5e281f1c2310324ceb65876cf2.jpg

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • Like 1

I have not used Roon, however I can confirm that no matter your choice of DLNA or upnp server, the Bel Canto ref simply shows up as a player, so if you are running a Roon core on your network, you will be able to direct music to that player.

Anyone more knowledgeable on the matter is welcome to chime in and offer their opinion if it helps with mattjtaylor2809’s query.

cheers

1 hour ago, pdcoo7 said:

I have not used Roon, however I can confirm that no matter your choice of DLNA or upnp server, the Bel Canto ref simply shows up as a player, so if you are running a Roon core on your network, you will be able to direct music to that player.

Anyone more knowledgeable on the matter is welcome to chime in and offer their opinion if it helps with mattjtaylor2809’s query.

cheers

Only the new belcanto dac/streamer is compatible to roon and mqa.

pdcoo7 - you could test your Bel Canto by taking up a free 21 day trial of roon.       When I tried roon it automatically found all sorts of playable devices - Yamaha, Cambridge Audio, Jriver on my laptop, and old Chord dac driver,  etc.     Found the 600 FLACed CD's on a drive attached to my WiFi router and merrily "data mined" them automatically.    It was relatively simple to install on a PC...and it's proven to be quite amazingly flexible and stable.   It even has a graphic-interface drag-and-drop DSP function you can apply to any "output" set of speakers.      I ended up buying it!