Does anyone else feel sad when they go to effort to sell things as professionally as possible on the classifieds, donate to the forum, then give feedback to the buyer, only to never get feedback yourself? It's happened quite a few times now. I know the feedback is only a soft marker but it still irks me a little.

• Like 10
  • Administrators

I don't think it's intentional. Some just forget to do it (myself included). 
Though, looking at the feedback section it is clearly quite well used.

It may just take a friendly PM reminder sent to the other party perhaps?

I'll add a note in to remind people in some of our processes.

• Like 5
Just now, Marc said:

I don't think it's intentional. Some just forget to do it (myself included). 
Though, looking at the feedback section it is clearly quite well used.

It may just take a friendly PM reminder sent to the other party perhaps?

I'll add a note in to remind people in some of our processes.

Thanks Chief. I have sent them reminders but I don't want to plain hassle them beyond a single reminder. Then I risk getting bad feedback for being annoying.

23 minutes ago, Ittaku said:

Does anyone else feel sad when they go to effort to sell things as professionally as possible on the classifieds, donate to the forum, then give feedback to the buyer, only to never get feedback yourself? It's happened quite a few times now. I know the feedback is only a soft marker but it still irks me a little.

Too right...

Have had wonderful feedback at times after spending quite a bit of time/effort in packaging items sold for postage...then some say nothing...

I know in the end it is simply a financial transaction...but gee if the sold item arrived in a sad damaged state to the new owner you'd soon get feedback! :) 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Hi All,

2 hours ago, Ittaku said:

It is about 50% for me for sales and purchases

JJ

• Like 2

On a related note, it perturbs me when a buyer fails to even acknowledge receipt of the item.

How hard is it too pm a simple "arrived today, all good"?

• Like 10
3 minutes ago, deanB said:

On a related note, it perturbs me when a buyer fails to even acknowledge receipt of the item.

:thumb:

On 3 July 2020 at 10:33 AM, deanB said:

That bugs me too, especially it's not a cheap item.

otoh I always make sure I leave feedback, I thinks it helps 

• Like 3

This issue probably speaks to the way people are these days (or have always been?) as far as politeness and manners go. It can also be the means of communication. Messaging and emailing etc. probably create a sense of impersonalness.

I almost always give the courtesy of a response whether I’m the buyer or seller. It’s just being polite. As for feedback, I’ve bought a few things on here and received feedback without any mention but didn’t with one even with a hint (saying I’ve left the seller positive feedback). 

Feedback is a good system to give confidence to buyers and sellers that they can trust in the transaction, so it’s more than just a good vibes kind of thing, but you can’t badger someone to post feedback. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

It's weird because I got feedback immediately for the first 10 or so sales, and then after that it abruptly dropped to only one in two sales getting feedback. I've even had buyers thank me for giving them feedback, but then they never gave feedback! I religiously give feedback as soon as I've reached a conclusion about a sale (usually as soon as I'm paid if I'm the one selling) but it's clear others don't feel that way. Urgh...

Edited by Ittaku
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Ittaku said:

I've even had buyers thank me for giving them feedback, but then they never gave feedback! I religiously give feedback as soon as I've reached a conclusion about a sale (usually as soon as I'm paid if I'm the one selling) but it's clear others don't feel that way. Urgh...

Yes it is weird. I’ve bought and sold a few things on eBay over many years and the feedback system is strongly encouraged there, so it’s standard practice for me. 

• Like 2

Hi all,  how do I give feedback? Just made a sale and wanted to provide some positive feedback.  Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Just now, Lachie7 said:

Hi all,  how do I give feedback? Just made a sale and wanted to provide some positive feedback.  Thanks in advance!

Hi Lachie. Just hover your mouse over the user's name and the popup window gives you the "+Add Feedback" option.

• Thanks 1

I have bought quite a few things here and have had terrific experiences.  I only have left feedback once so far.  I tried on an earlier purchase but couldn’t find how to do it.  On my most recent purchase I did leave feedback and the fellow I bought from did as well.  He also had some trouble find out how to. So a reminder is probably a good idea.

Maybe it was my lack of familiarity with this sort of board.  None of my earlier sellers asked me to leave feedback.  I’d have gladly done it and would probably have asked how to do it.

• Like 3

Great forum here,  I was able to get on the laptop and leave the feedback I wanted.  Sometimes a little can go a long way,  it's nice to appreciate the good guys 😄

Thanks Itta

Edited by Lachie7
Spelling
  • Like 1

I don’t know about android since I’ve browsed SNA on my iPad, but on that, if you press on the users name, their profile will open and there’s a tab for feedback. Pretty simple but I am a forum user veteran.

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Esoterica said:

I don’t know about android since I’ve browsed SNA on my iPad, but on that, if you press on the users name, their profile will open and there’s a tab for feedback. Pretty simple but I am a forum user veteran.

Cheers Eso,  I'm not sure if it's an Android thing or not, but when I do that on Android it shows the feedback, but doesn't seem to let you add any. I'll stick the the laptop for the important stuff :)  Mind you, buying and selling is up there. 

• 2 months later...

When I've purchased items I will let the seller know, and if all is good (it always has been here) I will let them know that I will leave positive feedback for them.  It's a subtle suggestion that I would appreciate (positive) feedback as well.  But if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

4 minutes ago, audiofeline said:

When I've purchased items I will let the seller know, and if all is good (it always has been here) I will let them know that I will leave positive feedback for them.  It's a subtle suggestion that I would appreciate (positive) feedback as well.  But if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

I always do that too...

• Like 1

I always acknowledge when I have received something from a seller, along the lines of "received today ,all is well", but I never seek feedback.

I feel it should be spontaneous and not made by request.

Conversely, if someone does not see fit to leave feedback for me( for whatever reason), I don't leave any for them either.

This in no way, vindictive, I just think that if they are not given to leave feedback then perhaps they don't wish to receive any.

• Like 2

I've had a couple of cases where the person disappears once the deal is done. Think they're just a member for the classifieds.

• 3 weeks later...

what if you want to leave negative feedback due to something you feel the seller did/should have done? is that going to cause that person to leave negative for you as payback?

2 minutes ago, hopefullguy said:

what if you want to leave negative feedback due to something you feel the seller did/should have done? is that going to cause that person to leave negative for you as payback?

Almost inevitably, although I wouldn't say as payback.

There is always two sides to a  story and I would think that the seller would wish to express his/her POV.

********this is not intended to imply anything against you in any way ********

no intention felt 🙂

it comes down to an issue i have mentioned today to mods regarding selling something for a friend, basically a third party sale.

some may purchase influenced by the members standing, their item description and confirmation by p.m. of condition. As is common now ads include no audition can be had, then maybe not helping if a problem arises?

should there not be some rules against 3rd party sales? who gets the negative review, the non member?

Bah. I've sold a few things over the years here and got bugger all feedback. Well packed, insured in some cases and sent on time and....nothing.

Some of the buyers are no longer active and only have a couple of posts and some of the buyers are well known and long term members. 

Meh.

As long as the dosh is in my bank account I don't care. They can say/do what they want it doesn't matter at the end of the day.

• Like 2

I leave feedback regardless of the other side unless I forget which is rare, I have no control over others and can only try and control what I do myself.