Hi,

I live in Melbourne and I love music. As my space at home is limited, my current setup is  a compromise and I am looking here to gain some insight into how to improve it. My first project is to replace two front speakers with some nicer bookshelf ones.

Cheers,

Karel

Welcome to the forum. What's your budget like for the bookshelves?

If you are open to buying used, there are lots of good options around in the classifieds section of the forum. Another option is to look at active bookshelf speakers - will save you the trouble of speaker-amplifier matching.

Good luck and enjoy the ride....

Hi All, Roy here.

Youtube has rekindled my interest audio. 

Whatever yo may think of him, Hexibase has me interested in making a small sub to go in the Ute and some transmission line\4th order bookshelf speaker for the home.

I used to like big sound in the car but my age ( and maybe wisdom) has me looking for better, clearer sound.

I'm in a unique predicament, due to meningitis as a child the nerves from my ears were damaged and as a result i am nearly entirely deaf in my left ear and half deaf in my right.

This leads me to be critical of the speakers I like listening to.

Also, I like DIY.

I am not to enthusiastic about active speakers. My current set up for music is a part of home cinema system in my living room. It compromise the following: Anthem mrx-720 receiver, running 5.1 system with Whatmough Synergy2 speakers and Bowers & Wilkins AWS610 subwoofer. I am using it for streaming and vinyl (Rega RP1 Queen edition and Vincent PHO 700 Phono pre-amp). All my music I am playing in 2 channel mode. So my thinking is to upgrade two main speakers and maybe not to use subwoofer for music only. I hope that makes sense.