law18

Perreaux rebuild recommendations - Brisbane

Hi guys, 

I've inherited a Perreaux 6000B and SM2 preamp in good condition. Given the age of these items I would really like to get them rebuilt with quality parts to last another 30+ years, by someone who knows what they're doing, is thorough and does a high quality job (including soldering and wiring cleanly). 

I am located in Brisbane and would prefer to have someone local to perform the work. 

If anyone has recommendations for someone to perform this work that would be very much appreciated. I've done an Internet search however haven't really come up with much. 

Have youconsidered contacting the manufacturer? They are based in Mosgiel, just out of Dunedin NZ and not far from Dunedin's airport.

Perreaux.com

Curiously, Mosgiel is north of Dunedin but reached by way of the Southern Motorway.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mugwampjism
      Item: Luxman L-80 or L80 V, or any other similar pre-Alpine Luxman amp
      Price Range: $1000
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info: I am looking to provide a loving stable new home for a vintage integrated amplifier.

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).
    • By Tom Dougherty
      Item Condition: Good used condition, in original box. Remote, power cord and manual included. Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Adelaide State: South Australia Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, cash on pickup Reason for selling: Upgraded to new amplifier Further information: 
      Purchased brand new in 2010. Was used as my main amplifier for 3 years before upgrading to a more powerful amplifier (for new speakers).
      Kept in storage in original box ever since, I intended to use it for a second system but with first child on the way I have decided to part ways with it.
      Brilliant 40Wpc (into 8 ohms or 55Wpc into 4 ohms) amplifier.
      This got some great reviews when they were released:
      https://www.stereophile.com/integratedamps/marantz_pm5003_integrated_amplifier/index.html

Postage can be arranged.

Note: Listed elsewhere

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Berro59
      Item: WTB: Wharfedale Mach 9 Speakers 
      Item Condition: Used (can repair if needed) 
      Extra Info: Perth pick up preferred but may consider courier depending on costs. 

• By nedrum
      Last minute edit - I haven't tested if it still works or not, but am happy to do so for straight stereo if that matters

Item: Denon AVC-A11SR (a beast back in it's day!) - review here
      Price Range: Free to a good home! StereoNet donation appreciated
      Collection Option: In-person pickup from Thornbury (Victoria) with limited personal contact
      Item Condition: Used

Extra Info:
      Served me well for quite a while, until I moved onto a newer amp and it's been collecting dust ever since. A few things to note:
      Sound turns on and off in what appears to be the amp continuously engaging/disengaging the headphone jack. Might be an easy fix but who knows?!? as per the photo's, the two main caps are bulging. Not sure if that's an issue or if they are easily replaceable for someone in the know.  
      Comes with remote, power cable and manual (of which the English part is a whopping 42 pages). Shipping isn't an option as it weighs 20.5kg. From what I remember, it's a typical Denon sound - neutral and smooth. Somewhat better than my mid tier surround amp, but without the room correction.