Freight & Couriers - Shipping Hi-Fi

26 minutes ago, hopefullguy said:

hence depot to depot.. for ANY courier service.

Do eGo have their own fleet or do they sub contract?

Hi, bit of a different one.  Looking at transporting a package from Canary Islands, Spain --> Melbourne.

Pack & Send have knocked me back.  I have made some enquiries with some local shipping companies over there.

Would appreciate any tips.  Cost is a factor but obviously i would like them in one piece.

• Two speakers
  • 60x36x29cm each, 19kg each (not including any packaging)
  • 63x63x65 together, 40kg (not including any packaging)
  • Require packing and handling
  • Post as separate or together?

Thanks

Guest niterida

I use e-go.com.au - but I always send things depot-depot when I can. That means they are only packed on to one big truck and not thrown around by the local van driver/hoon. Have been using them for nearly 15years and never had one problem.

32 minutes ago, niterida said:

I use e-go.com.au - but I always send things depot-depot when I can. That means they are only packed on to one big truck and not thrown around by the local van driver/hoon. Have been using them for nearly 15years and never had one problem.

Thanks for the tip Ken.

try not to use auspost....

I have an item coming up to month still waiting from perth :D only tracking i have is it left perth... its either still there... somewhere along Nullarbor or sitting in vic some place....hopefully turns up this week or next ... keep telling myself every week _ !

• Like 1

On 09/09/2020 at 2:59 PM, Snoopy8 said:

Star Track has been the best for me.

How do you book through Star Track? I called them today but wasn't able to do a one off shipment. Needed to create a business account which will take weeks to process..

On 09/09/2020 at 8:24 PM, blakey72 said:

I just got some small speakers from Perth and there wasn't a mark on the box. Used Star Track and have used them a few times with no problems. Cheaper than many others too.

Same question as above, do you have an account with them? How do you book?

Transdirect are my choice lately. Using TNT, picked up Friday and delivered yesterday. Arrived with no damage to box or contents. The insurance cover is quite cheap too.

I was using Interparcel but stereo gear is not covered in the fine print, speakers and electronics are excluded.

Edited by Pops110
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Pops110 said:

Transdirect are my choice lately. Using TNT, picked up Friday and delivered yesterday. Arrived with no damage to box or contents. The insurance cover is quite cheap too.

I was using Interparcel but stereo gear is not covered in the fine print, speakers and electronics are excluded.

Great advice, many thanks ?

A quick note regarding Australia Post. 

If you're sending an item worth less than around $60 there's no need for special insurance, BUT if it's worth more (and you don't insure for a few dollars more) you'll only get the minimum amount if there's a problem. This happened to me with a $500 amp which was dropped, in its box, from a height (and badly bent); I received the $60 as 'full reimbursement'.

So--I insure for the full nominated retail price!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What's everyone's latest experience with sending from the USA right now?

I used Shopmate last year (horribly expensive and have a terrible reputation, but I was lucky).

Thinking about perhaps Shipito, or Hopshopgo this time.

I hear MyUS are also atrocious lately (good businesses who are simply overloaded and overwhelmed by COVID delays, perhaps)?

5 hours ago, candyflip said:

What's everyone's latest experience with sending from the USA right now?

I used Shopmate last year (horribly expensive and have a terrible reputation, but I was lucky).

Thinking about perhaps Shipito, or Hopshopgo this time.

I hear MyUS are also atrocious lately (good businesses who are simply overloaded and overwhelmed by COVID delays, perhaps)?

I just had a Shipito take just over 3 weeks from postage at the sender’s end to scanning in in Sydney. From what I could see in the tracking, the delay was in the US domestic system. 

I have another one that’s been sitting at it’s first scan for nearly 2 weeks.

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, Billy Shears said:

I just had a Shipito take just over 3 weeks from postage at the sender’s end to scanning in in Sydney. From what I could see in the tracking, the delay was in the US domestic system. 

I have another one that’s been sitting at it’s first scan for nearly 2 weeks.

Makes sense doesn't it - especially when most of these businesses use one or the other of two central packaging warehouses, and one is in fire-ravaged Oregon.

No staff and very compromised access routes around the region.

Typically 5-7 Business day delays there on handling.

And then, add in COVID.

Think I'll go DHL thru new lot, Planet Express (although again, they use that Oregon facility, so may have to wait an extra 2-3 weeks)

• Like 1