65” OLED - Recommendations

Would add the LG BX to the list - not much of a difference in picture quality to the CX.

Hunt and you may even find a 9 series LG around and could haggle that to a very good price (again little to differentiate in quality from the X series).

Just comes down to the best price you can get and what you are prepared to pay:)

The Sony A9G or the soon to be released Sony A8H would be my pick. Sony has the best motion handling of all Oled tv's.

I wouldn't go for the LG BX as it uses a lower level processor than the LG CX!

I have a 55" C9 and can't fault it. I don't remember specifics against the Sony now, but all the reviews I read leaned towards the LG. My wife doesn't love the wand-like pointer from the remote, but we can all navigate fairly well now. 

I'm not sure where you need the extra processing power of the CX over the BX, but if you're into sport and have a decent 4k feed it probably can't hurt. 

My father-in-law is looking at the 55 BX or CX, so if anyone finds a good reason for the CX over the BX, or the Sony over the LG, it would be helpful info. 

We have LG and Hisense OLEDs.

I find OLED superior to anything else, hard to go back once you have real blacks.

I find the difference between different OLED panels much more subtle. The big difference between LG and Hisense is the Android TV in the LG, it is a far superior and easier to use interface with way more programming and music options.

1 hour ago, AudioGeek said:

We have LG and Hisense OLEDs.

I find OLED superior to anything else, hard to go back once you have real blacks.

I find the difference between different OLED panels much more subtle. The big difference between LG and Hisense is the Android TV in the LG, it is a far superior and easier to use interface with way more programming and music options.

Agree that the smart TV software on the Hisense isn't award winning, however, with the price diff you can pick up a 4K Apple TV and that problem is sorted and you'll still have some change left over.

• 1 month later...

Thought I’d ask this question here instead of creating a new thread. 

Bought the 55” Hisense OLED last year and have been really impressed with it. Moving at the end of the year and wanted to pick up the 65” for the living and move the 55” to the bedroom. But it looks like the model has been pulled from the stores. 

Does anyone know what actually happens In such cases? Do they get sent back to the manufacturer or are they sent to an outlet store and sold there?

On 30/06/2020 at 2:24 PM, bertdoozer said:

Looking for peoples thoughts on 65” OLED TV.  We watch a lot of sports, room has no reflections etc so good for OLED.

my short list

1.   LG CX

2.  Sony A9G

any others I should look at 

Hi Bertdoozer 

I thought I’d weigh in to your enquiry and highly recommend the German made Loewe OLed Bild 3/65. The picture quality is stunning. Yes the panel is an LG panel, it’s integrated with a speaker system as well as some software called Ambio that sets the sound for your individual hearing level and comfort. The interesting thing about the Loewe TVs is that they have a video processor inbuilt that retunes the colour to a more natural balance providing a lifelike image and 3 dimensional image that really draws you into the picture. Anyone among the SNA community that has experienced Loewe TVs will attest to the picture and sound quality that has made Loewe a delight to own and enjoy. They are a little more expensive than the mainstream TVs however the additional cost is attributed to the luxury build and German engineering. 
These TVs are currently on special on my website with further savings if you have my discount code. 
https://www.heynowhifi.com.au/collections/loewe/products/mbec6vypd2wxsynr4d1fw5zos4u6po-rtat7-x2mcl-84s93-aj3xy-p6nnr-e3f8a

kind regards 

Geoff 

2 hours ago, Music & HT lover said:

Any OLED users experience vertical banding issue ?

https://reallysmartbuyers.com/vertical-banding-on-tv-screen-can-it-be-fixed/

I had some horizontal banding when there were high contrast scenes, usually night shots. Turned off all the auto contrast, and a couple of other auto functions, and it went away.

17 minutes ago, Cardiiiii said:

I had some horizontal banding when there were high contrast scenes, usually night shots. Turned off all the auto contrast, and a couple of other auto functions, and it went away.

Have you tried any Youtube vertical banding test videos like this?

On 26/08/2020 at 9:40 AM, Andre28 said:

The hisense dual cell looks to have finally been released.

https://hisense.com.au/product/65-dual-cell-series-sx/

If happy with a 65'' the op should certainly  check it out ; hdr likes nits :) Clever use of the  stand for a sub and I notice it doesnt say its a 10bit panel /

Colour depth bit 12 bit+FRC

https://eftm.com/2020/08/hisense-dual-cell-tv-review-the-closest-thing-to-oled-yet-81579

Not sure how much it matters given the other tech in it, which creates millions of dimming zones, but I saw that it was still an edge lit panel. I wonder if they will release a backlit panel, and if that would have any advantages in this particular set.

3 hours ago, Andre28 said:

Not sure how much it matters given the other tech in it, which creates millions of dimming zones, but I saw that it was still an edge lit panel. I wonder if they will release a backlit panel, and if that would have any advantages in this particular set.

I dont honestly see any advantages to a FALD implementation ;considering its got 2 million precise zones that already has no blooming due to the sharp cutoff between black and the adjacent pixel/zone :) With that many dimming zones I cant see how the lesser number of direct luminance pixels could be an advantage so that meant edge lit for them.

Also if they did manage a FALD set ; how thick and heavy would it be ..

Ime easy pleased with the blacks of my qled though so anythings possible going forward; its still 1st gen tech ?

• Like 1

Size aside, I was thinking it might make for a more precise or responsive system if the light doesnt have to travel from the edge, but I will freely admit I dont know enough about the tech side to know if that even makes sense.