bertdoozer

65” OLED - Recommendations

Looking for peoples thoughts on 65” OLED TV.  We watch a lot of sports, room has no reflections etc so good for OLED.

my short list

1.   LG CX

2.  Sony A9G

any others I should look at 

Would add the LG BX to the list - not much of a difference in picture quality to the CX.

Hunt and you may even find a 9 series LG around and could haggle that to a very good price (again little to differentiate in quality from the X series).

Just comes down to the best price you can get and what you are prepared to pay:)

The Sony A9G or the soon to be released Sony A8H would be my pick. Sony has the best motion handling of all Oled tv's.

I wouldn't go for the LG BX as it uses a lower level processor than the LG CX!

I would go for the Sony.

I have the older A8f model and it is an amazing picture, still amazed at the difference to my old plasma.

can't fault my sony, great picture and sound. Android TV is also pretty good

Have the 55" Hisense and I wouldn't hesitate to buy the 65".

Thanks for the response guys.

have u had your TV calibrated?

stu

I have a 55" C9 and can't fault it. I don't remember specifics against the Sony now, but all the reviews I read leaned towards the LG. My wife doesn't love the wand-like pointer from the remote, but we can all navigate fairly well now. 

I'm not sure where you need the extra processing power of the CX over the BX, but if you're into sport and have a decent 4k feed it probably can't hurt. 

My father-in-law is looking at the 55 BX or CX, so if anyone finds a good reason for the CX over the BX, or the Sony over the LG, it would be helpful info. 

We have LG and Hisense OLEDs.

I find OLED superior to anything else, hard to go back once you have real blacks.

I find the difference between different OLED panels much more subtle. The big difference between LG and Hisense is the Android TV in the LG, it is a far superior and easier to use interface with way more programming and music options.

1 hour ago, AudioGeek said:

We have LG and Hisense OLEDs.

I find OLED superior to anything else, hard to go back once you have real blacks.

I find the difference between different OLED panels much more subtle. The big difference between LG and Hisense is the Android TV in the LG, it is a far superior and easier to use interface with way more programming and music options.

Agree that the smart TV software on the Hisense isn't award winning, however, with the price diff you can pick up a 4K Apple TV and that problem is sorted and you'll still have some change left over.

For picture quality, me thinks Sony has a very slight edge due to their processor. For day to day usability LG Web OS is the best out there - just try their magic remote in shops like JB or HN. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)