Musical fidelity

Hi Guys

What will be the best power amplifier /integrated amplifier to choose in the musical fidelity between $5000 - $7000?

Does pre-pro has advantage over MF integrated?

Thanks in advance

Is new series of MF is going to be coming soon?

Edited by Nope

MF do super integrated that gives the pre power in the one box. something like m6 500i would be in budget. what is it to drive ? power and speaker matching is the key...

the one box saves not on ly on cost and physical size of having two boxes... cables. where two boxes can come in handy is if locating pre amp one location power amp/s closer to speakers 

maybe there will be an updated m6 pre power... personally id get the m6500i over the m6 pre power as that hasn't changed greatly since the original a5 pre power that were superb...the m6500i is just a newer generation amplifier both pre and power like the m8 series...

• Thanks 1

Thanks @betty boopbb

The Speakers are Monitor Audio Silver floor standing.

After upgrading the speaker cable and DAC the speaker became sublime to listen. Now thinking about upgrading to good amplifier. I am thinking to buy a better amplifier ,so for next few years will only change the speakers if the upgrade itch happens.

I am looking at the MF peak current and Damping factor as key in deciding factors with in MF series. Is that right? Thanks again

Is there any brands integrated that compete with MF with same or just above performance in same price range?

Edited by Nope

8 minutes ago, POV said:

Might I ask why Musical Fidelity in particular?  Have you looked at other options in the same price range?

1. Monitor Audio +MF  Synergy

2. MF built and performance

But do you have any recommendations?

Thank you

Not particularly, just curious as there is so many options for integrated amps and pre power combos in that price range.  I have heard a couple of Monitor Audio systems running off MF gear sounding great for sure. 

I have one friend over here in the UK running the big Monitor Audio Gold Floorstanders (300g I think).  He has recently upgraded to to the big new Denon PMA-2500 integrated and can say this an absolutely superb sounding combo!  Midrange fluidity really blew me away for the price.

Me myself, I'm a Parasound man ?

Anyhow, good luck with the purchase.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mattd2308 said:

Have this very amp myself, (Denon PMA2500). Slips under the radar a bit. Clean, vivid and dynamic. Would drive the MA Silver effortlessly.

My 2c

Yeah it's a cracker.  I think Denon have really knocked it out of the park with their latest 2 channel range in terms of value for money.   Anyhow, I'll back out now as this is an MF thread.  ?

• Haha 1

Thanks @POV @mattd2308

Yes , I cann see that Denon have 210A current output with 80w @8ohms, where MF M6 500i have peak current of 100A at 500w@8ohm.

Denon is very high current amp , where a MF is high watt amplifier in comparison.

But if we see alone still both are very great amplifiers.

Edited by Masseey

10 hours ago, Nope said:

The Speakers are Monitor Audio Silver floor standing.

these are actually pretty decent speakers and deserve some decent amplification, though can achieve pretty decent results below the 7-8k if needed. not to say  spending more won't get some gains further up.

10 hours ago, Nope said:

I am looking at the MF peak current and Damping factor as key in deciding factors with in MF series. Is that right? Thanks again

I've had personal experience for a few times hearing the silver and gold series and musical fidelity and do think a combo that works extremely well ! so well worth the match up. though id suggest something like m6si or even going as far back as musical fidelity a5 series integrated or later m6 series integrated would be quite sufficient. not to suggest a5 pre power or m6 pre power wouldn't get some additional gains but its a case of diminishing returns for outlay.

10 hours ago, Nope said:

Is there any brands integrated that compete with MF with same or just above performance in same price range?

as others have said denon would ha been my other suggestion...but no less than their top end integrated like 2500 for silver and above...

2 hours ago, Nope said:

I think now audition is the way to decide.

absolutely if spending this sort of cash a demo would be very useful to help decide :) 

• Thanks 1